• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First published Thrive review linked here

rushmore

Extreme Android User
Nov 13, 2008
Kentucky
Reactions: gamul1
i got a 1913 Quadrant score

Closer to the norm, but still off (if it really matters anyway).

Few questions, please:

1. How much of the 16gb is actually available to use, out of box?

2. Is the internal storage mapped as the the sdcard?

3. Is both the internal and external memory seen as drives when connecting to a computer?

4. Is the memory seen as drives, or as portable storage? Drives are better, of course.

Upvote 0
Closer to the norm, but still off (if it really matters anyway).

Few questions, please:

1. How much of the 16gb is actually available to use, out of box?

2. Is the internal storage mapped as the the sdcard?

3. Is both the internal and external memory seen as drives when connecting to a computer?

4. Is the memory seen as drives, or as portable storage? Drives are better, of course.

1. Total 12.89GB User accessible 9.98GB

2. Storage

3. all memory connected to thrive shows up as a folder under device storage

4. Shows up in my computer as a portable Device

Reactions: rushmore
Upvote 0
Well the joy is fading. The ”sleep bug” got me last night. And now the back cover is not closing properly on the side with the power button. On top of that i'm seeing a lot of lag typing (Android & Swype) in the stock browser and Dolphin browser, Opera is ok, but the browser is slow. :(

How does 1080p videos play on youtube and veetle.com movie channels? Does 720 HD become a slideshow after awhile? I ask because I have a HP touchpad which plays HD without any problems but might get a thrive!

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones