• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FL-1 problems

gerbusik92

Lurker
Mar 11, 2012
Hi forum!

I just got my FV1 Android TV Box - Android 2.2 Set Top Box from Asiapads (China), but have come across many problems:

1. I can't get skype to work. whole system crashes when skype asks to sync contacts and I don't even have time to answer not to. When restarting tvbox Skype automatically logs in and crashes the system again.

2. Device uses android 2.2 version, although there is 2.3 newer version.I am new android user: should I be worried about updating to 2.3 or 2.2 is fine? Android market is now google play but there is no option for update.

3. Video playback is crap. I guess the device is missing some codecs, but on the box it says that it should be able to play almost any format. Where can I download missing codecs for android? Happens with both HD and normal video.

4. Performance is not smooth. For example when playing angry birds, I see small pauses, kinda like slideshow. Same stuff happens when watching movies. Playback is not smooth.

I have already downloaded z4root 1.3 which works fine, but doesn't resolve the problem.

Maybe there is another system software there somewhere compatible with this tv box?? plz help android newbie)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones