Flash 10.1 is not what I expected at allSupport

Last Updated:

1. chimpy

chimpy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Slow, laggy, buggy.

Many flash video streams that work fine on any computer actually crash the Dinc's browser.

Justin.tv, Ustream.tv, and Channelsurfing.net...all prime streaming sites, are useless.

Really disappointed with Adobe's execution of this. It's horrible.

Advertisement
  2. chimpy

Yeah...3G @ 4 bars and it still is laggy as all hell.

Flash is useless for any kind of video on Android 2.2.

3. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Half of the pages i load just crash now. WTF!

4. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

5. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

What I don't like is that I can't scrobble (fast forward or rewind) the videos. That's the biggest problem.

That and the performance is only OK.

6. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member

Isn't there a menu setting somewhere to disable flash? Scrolling webpages sucks now. Not smooth and fast like before.

7. chimpy

8. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

In the browser: menu/more/settings/enable plugins/on-demand. You'll get a little green arrow where the flash is - click it to enable all flash on the page (I think, not just the flash that you clicked).

9. melophat

melophat Well-Known Member

not running the ota , i'm running skyraider using the latest leak and am having no issues with this at all.. not a crash yet, full flash 20.1, all pages work.. takes a second to load over 3g, depending on the video size, but that's to be expected and the studdering is due to web speed, not flash itself stuttering..

10. sbmhome

sbmhome Well-Known Member

Is there another way to disable flash? I mean, why can't I see a static image like in 2.1 instead of a green arrow in a white box.

Try going to ign.com. That page rendered fine in 2.1, but now with 2.2. either the page is extremely choppy with flash enabled or a HUGE white box with the green arrow in it covers up a lot of the text in the upper portion of the screen.

11. chimpy

If anything, having flash enabled makes the browser worse.

Now there are more ads that you'll see and the scrolling speed is very slow.

I think I'm going to have flash disabled and only turn it on when I need to. It's really that bad.

12. neo6289

neo6289 Active Member

13. Casbah

Casbah Well-Known Member

Actually have a similar setup (SkyRaider ROM)and tested it out with flash video from of all places Food Network and seemed to be just ok over 3G.
    Agree with most though that unless you really want to see primarily ADS then there's not a big use for Flash on this phone. Do miss seeing the Lama Song at albinoblacksheep.com :D

14. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

15. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Also, playback is much better if you view the video in full screen mode. Sometimes this is difficult unless you zoom in on the full screen button.

As for scrubbing, I can't get it to work in full screen mode but if I exit out of full screen I can then scrub the video (though not easily).

16. Kane5581

Kane5581 Well-Known Member

Yeah its nearly impossible, you have to press and hold on the video to get the real fullscreen option(not just double tap like before) then go into the fullscreen and then you have to physically drag the tiny progress marker to where you want, you cant just tap on the bar. That is the only way I have found to fast forward. And that is only at one site so far.

17. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

I see you retracted your accusation that I was lying. That's cool.

I have gotten it to jump by tapping the bar before going to full screen mode. It is very hard though and I can't get it to work in full screen mode.

They've got some work to do obviously. Hopefully they'll release an update soon...

18. svwilbur

svwilbur Well-Known Member

For me, after the update flash is much better. It seems to work everywhere and not give the This format is not supported message anymore. Also it is way smoother than before. With WIFI ON it is very smooth. Jumping is still hard, maybe harder but I did get it to do it a few times. If you are not full screen you can pinch zoom real big and bet the bar huge ands then press the bar and it jumps and then you have to pinch back to reduce the size.

But it is way better than before the update. I like it.

19. Hartsblade

Hartsblade Active Member

20. sbmhome

sbmhome Well-Known Member

I did the upgrade as mentioned above. I think it does make it slightly faster, but not fast enough for me. One site that I visit often is ign.com. That site is very slow to load with flash on. I WISH there was a way to install flash lite back into the stock browser as I'll take performance (fast loading pages and page scrolling smoothness) over full flash support.

21. Mr. Link

Mr. Link Well-Known Member

Hey, Steve Jobs warned us all this would happen. LOL...J/K...I hate Jobs (pompus prick).

Seriously though, I know we all had/have high expectations...but this is the first attempt at flash on mobile platform isn't it?