• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I heard early 2010 as in 1Q2010, but who knows about those media sources.

Same with hulu, if flash was updated I'd be all over hulu :)

Hey, the more we post about it, the more we **might** get it :)

Just as important to me, I'd be able to stream my local Radio stations and listen to Talk Radio. Once we're able to use flash, the Droid will be like an FM/AM receiver adding yet another handy Swiss Army Knife style feature.

Upvote 0
Keep your eyes open for updates about Flash from "Adobe", not Motorola.

Pffftt hahahahahahahahah - yeah right. Just to give you an idea, I have been waiting for 2 friggin years for a 64bit version of Flash.

friggin
years

Updates from Adobe on Flash? I think I am gonna try to see if Android can support HTML5 instead, b/c of the Gordon app (allows flash to be viewed using only HTML5 and JavaScript) b/c that is gonna be a helluva lot easier to implement ***and*** a helluva lot lighter on resources - exactly what we all want as it is.

Just as important to me, I'd be able to stream my local Radio stations and listen to Talk Radio. Once we're able to use flash, the Droid will be like an FM/AM receiver adding yet another handy Swiss Army Knife style feature.

Amen - I'd also like to see SilverLight / MoonLight make it to Android - my fave radio station, 99X out of Atlanta, uses SilverLight, I believe, to stream (I may be wrong, it may be straight flash, but for some reason I thought it was SilverLight).

Upvote 0
Pffftt hahahahahahahahah - yeah right. Just to give you an idea, I have been waiting for 2 friggin years for a 64bit version of Flash.

friggin
years

Updates from Adobe on Flash? I think I am gonna try to see if Android can support HTML5 instead, b/c of the Gordon app (allows flash to be viewed using only HTML5 and JavaScript) b/c that is gonna be a helluva lot easier to implement ***and*** a helluva lot lighter on resources - exactly what we all want as it is.

Amen - I'd also like to see SilverLight / MoonLight make it to Android - my fave radio station, 99X out of Atlanta, uses SilverLight, I believe, to stream (I may be wrong, it may be straight flash, but for some reason I thought it was SilverLight).

Well, my point is that people keep thinking that Flash is going to start working, based on an update from Google, or Moto, along with other Android updates, instead of an update "specifically" for Flash, from Adobe.

Upvote 0
Curious, why are you waiting for 64bit flash?

because there is no support for 64bit browsers in Windows, and thus I am forced to use a 32bit browser for anything that requires flash.

With 64bit browsers, I can grab the latest builds / nightly / trunk builds of Firefox, compile it / them myself using patches to enhance performance for my CPU Instruction sets (as opposed to a vanilla compile that will run on a basic Pentium) and further optimize it by making it 64bit - giving me a much better overall experience.

For example, with Thunderbird, since I don't give a rat's arse about Flash there, I run 64bit - and it is a joy to see it cranking out threads to grab emails from 10 different email accounts (3 Google IMAP, 2 GMX IMAP, 4 HoTMaiL POP, Yahoo) without blinking... and with lower resource usage than its 32bit counterpart.

Well, my point is that people keep thinking that Flash is going to start working, based on an update from Google, or Moto, along with other Android updates, instead of an update "specifically" for Flash, from Adobe.

Ahh, I understand now. However, my rejoinder is still valid - waiting on Adobe may make me eligible for Social Security benefits far before they actually get around to supporting 64bit or Android.

Upvote 0
because there is no support for 64bit browsers in Windows, and thus I am forced to use a 32bit browser for anything that requires flash.

With 64bit browsers, I can grab the latest builds / nightly / trunk builds of Firefox, compile it / them myself using patches to enhance performance for my CPU Instruction sets (as opposed to a vanilla compile that will run on a basic Pentium) and further optimize it by making it 64bit - giving me a much better overall experience.

I see, that's cool. You're a bit ahead of the curve though I'd say since there really isn't and official Firefox x64 unless you compile it like you said (AFAIK), Interesting stuff though -- I actually wouldn't be surprised if we see x64 support in FF4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones