• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

flash rom with stock recovery?

S33k3R86

Lurker
Mar 9, 2015
Dear all,

I have lg g2 mini d620r with android 4.4.2 , i want to install custom rom like cyanogenmod on my device but the problem is that i can't install custom recovery like cwr or else. From my stock recovery i can do only a factory reset. I tried to install custom recoveries but with no success (the problem which i didnt have on my samsung s4 mini.) Wich is the best way for me to do it!?
Any advices?

Kind regards,

Hi there and welcome to the site. Unfortunately the only way to flash a custom ROM is to have a custom recovery first. As I mentioned in the other thread where I moved your post from, you MUST make sure that said custom recovery is made for your exact phone make and model. Custom ROM do not pass the authentication process of stock recovery.

And even if or when you find a way to root and flash a proper custom recovery, you also MUST make sure that the custom ROM is also for your exact make and model phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones