• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashed Droidsmith rom to phone. Stuck in bootloader? HELP!

Let's see if I can explain this in depth and detail to get the most help.
I have a ZTE Boost Force and am fairly new to rooting. Everything was fine until I decided to flash my first rom, Droidsmith (link: http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi.../697658-rom-droidsmith-1-7-3-update-full.html). I went to backup before and it had some error (something about unable to format /system, or something?), but stupid me decided to wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe davlik cache anyway. Uploading the rom is fine. It says "Droidsmith is ready to rock" and all, but when I reboot, I just get a black screen and a solid red notification light. I know the forums say that the first load will take awhile, but I'm sure they don't mean 15 minutes, which is the amount of time I waited. I can still enter cwm recovery, but with no backup and no booting of the rom, is there any hope for me?
(Remember, I'm fairly new to rooting, so I dont understand a lot of terms. Basically, dumb it down for me. Thanks!)

might have been a bad copy, might not have been a fully working copy of a recovery, ive heard some dont work quite right the only one i can personally vouch for is the original mouse and i built, that is what i use. also you gotta make sure you downloaded the full one not the update... kuz by the title it would seem theres an update version of the zip which would require a previous version of droidsmith to already be installed, but yea at this point with the rom broken im not sure if i would go around messing with different recoveries, see if you can find any rom that works, stock, droidsmith, whatever you can get your hands on, because you CAN flash another recovery but if that fails then youre bricked

there IS also the option of getting a different cwm, and using fastboot to boot it, that way if it doesnt boot up right or whatever you wont be flashing over the recovery you know boots, that requires connection to a computer and likely manual setup of a driver completely separate from the adb driver, while the phone is already in bootloader mode, i cannot stress that enough. people always say their drivers are working but they dont have the phone in the right mode when they check...

my final tip, is to MAKE A BACKUP AND VERIFY IT NEXT TIME. 90% of the time people wouldnt be in these situations if they had a backup before they started messing with things

Upvote 0
here is the cwm i use, repacked by my buddy superr and adjusted for the hayes board name. nothing you need to trouble yourself with really, you can try installing it with the recovery you already have but not sure if id recommend that, like i said fastboot booting is the safer way to go, BUT its alot more difficult if you dont know your way around windows

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407583505

Upvote 0
i think he just misread something you said and thought you said you downloaded it on 4g or something, i cant speak for him but i know i dont like treating people like they know nothing, i feel like i am insulting them but it cant be helped, we HAVE to assume you have no idea what you are doing, that you cant follow instructions, etc.

lets imagine someone who doesnt know that to talk to the computer the phone has to be plugged in... i know its kind of an extreme example but bare with me, so they dont realize this and they dont have it plugged in, and we assume they have sense enough to know that, we would go through the painful process of trying to fix a connection that isnt physically there for as long as we can stand it till we just finally give up or we accidentally stumble on the realization that they dont have it plugged in or they figure out that it does have to be plugged in, that could take hours, days, weeks, could never figure it out and have the person hounding us for months for a fix, we end up spending all our time trying to help someone whos problem would have been solved in 10 minutes had we just treated them like they knew nothing

not saying thats what happened here, but alot of times it is user error that breaks a phone, and if we assume you know what youre doing instead of assuming you have no idea it could be something simple and never get figured out

that all being said, as long as you can get into recovery and flash stuff try something else, if that doesnt work then flash a different recovery, if the first time you try to get something to flash it doesnt work, but all other roms do, maybe its a bad download. even on normal internet it can get corrupted

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
Hi, I am afe, new to this forum. I hav a samsung galaxy note(1) which I upgraded its os from2.3.4........to 4.2.3.........and then got another upgrade notification which I obliged. I hv downloaded downloaded the upgrade and the automatic installation process wld nt jist end. This has hapned for more than a week nw, it displays the android teddy icon and wld nt proceed beyound there. Missing my phne cus its wnt come on. Pls wht do I do.....tnc

Upvote 0
Hi, I am afe, new to this forum. I hav a samsung galaxy note(1) which I upgraded its os from2.3.4........to 4.2.3.........and then got another upgrade notification which I obliged. I hv downloaded downloaded the upgrade and the automatic installation process wld nt jist end. This has hapned for more than a week nw, it displays the android teddy icon and wld nt proceed beyound there. Missing my phne cus its wnt come on. Pls wht do I do.....tnc

You will probably get more/better support by posting in your device forum. This one is for the ZTE Force 4G. Here is a link to the right place. Good luck :)

Samsung Galaxy Note - Android Forums

Upvote 0
Let's see if I can explain this in depth and detail to get the most help.
I have a ZTE Boost Force and am fairly new to rooting. Everything was fine until I decided to flash my first rom, Droidsmith (link: http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi.../697658-rom-droidsmith-1-7-3-update-full.html). I went to backup before and it had some error (something about unable to format /system, or something?), but stupid me decided to wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe davlik cache anyway. Uploading the rom is fine. It says "Droidsmith is ready to rock" and all, but when I reboot, I just get a black screen and a solid red notification light. I know the forums say that the first load will take awhile, but I'm sure they don't mean 15 minutes, which is the amount of time I waited. I can still enter cwm recovery, but with no backup and no booting of the rom, is there any hope for me?
(Remember, I'm fairly new to rooting, so I dont understand a lot of terms. Basically, dumb it down for me. Thanks!)

The ROM you linked to is Droidsmith for the ZTE WARP, not the FORCE. So if you flashed that, that's probably why it won't boot.

DSF for FORCE is here http://androidforums.com/force-4g-lte-all-things-root/742335-rom-droidsmith_force-beta.html

Just download ver .7 onto your sd card and flash it from CWM and you should be good.

Hope that helps!
Cheers,
-SB

Upvote 0
I don't know if this one has been solved yet but I have 2 ZTE forces (one I think is bricked) and I fixed one if them by sideloading (using the sideload option in recovery and a pc) SuperR's deodexed stock Rom from the forums here. I broke mine in pretty much the same way too (you know the one that I actually did fix) I had to use sideload because recovery wouldn't mount the sd card. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones