• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing a Cricket Moment back to Sprint?

Just did a little research and it seems most are just updating the PRL with a cricket PRL.
Just wondering if I can just run the 2.1ruu and be good to go?

The reason i want to do this is I can't find a moment anywhere, and a place in the mall has one for sale, but it's on cricket.
I just sold my Hero and waiting for the evo and getting a moment for the wife.

Thanks
Again

Upvote 0
Just did a little research and it seems most are just updating the PRL with a cricket PRL.
Just wondering if I can just run the 2.1ruu and be good to go?

The reason i want to do this is I can't find a moment anywhere, and a place in the mall has one for sale, but it's on cricket.
I just sold my Hero and waiting for the evo and getting a moment for the wife.

Thanks
Again

No, you will need to reflash the PRL back to Sprint. I have a Moment on Cricket, and after using the Sprint tool to update the Moment to Android 2.1, my service on Cricket still works just fine, with no modification.

So, I believe that if you want it to be on Sprint's network again, you will need to reflash a Sprint PRL. You might be able to do that through the update PRL command in settings, howver I haven't tried that, as I want it to stay on Cricket service.

Upvote 0
Yes it is very easy. Get your phone's MEID and Hex esn on Sprint--get signed up for sprint. Find your out what your MSL is. Should be 000000 if on cricket(if sprint tells you to do ##6digits# you will have to do ##000000# instead.
Get QPST. Read phone. Save file(always good to have qpst settings backed up. Go to COrolada.com/prl and Get the Sprint EVDO 60650 prl load it in the Roam tab of Qpst. Change your cricket phone numbers to the Sprint phone numbers in the CDMA tab of QPST. Write to phone. After your phone reboots on your phone go to menu>settings>about phone>updates update prl. now in the dialer on your phone hit ##data# hit restore--this will reactivate your data services on sprint.

You have to put the Sprint prl on your phone through cdma workshop or qpst. Than you could take it to a sprint store and they can flash it and sign you up for sprint service--but you will still have to do ##data# Restore to get internet working again...

hope this helps

Upvote 0
I need help. I puchase a used Samsung Moment (Sprint) that was rooted. I was able to activate the phone partially the manual way. (Updated ph# and MSID). But my data wont work and the phone itself will not 'self activate'. I have flashed and re-flashed, unrooted and re-rooted. Wiped and did hard resets. The phone simply will not activate the DATA. Also the MSL is ##000000# and some of the other sprint codes do not work, i.e ##775# (PRL) and the original MSL. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I can try? Sprint already thinks the phone was 'modified' and thats why it wont connect. I am currently back to default settings with ECLAIR.D03

Upvote 0
No, you will need to reflash the PRL back to Sprint. I have a Moment on Cricket, and after using the Sprint tool to update the Moment to Android 2.1, my service on Cricket still works just fine, with no modification.

So, I believe that if you want it to be on Sprint's network again, you will need to reflash a Sprint PRL. You might be able to do that through the update PRL command in settings, howver I haven't tried that, as I want it to stay on Cricket service.

i was wondering will my moment work with cricket, does everything work properly? like internet, mms?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones