flashing clockworkmod touch recovery help

1. adventage

adventage Member

I don't know what to do. I downloaded the file off of their site. Made a zip and put the Img file in it. Renamed the zip into that PC36IMG name. And I put it in the root of my sd card.
    Now I boot into bootloader it recognized the file. And flashed it. But I click recovery and it takes me back to my old one clockworkmod 5.0.2.2.
    I need help please and thank you. Any advice would help

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I'm not sure how stable the touch recoveries have gotten, but theres been a LOT of bugs with past ones.

If I were you I would go with Amon Ra 2.3.

Its the best recovery for our EVO's hands down.
    MizzouBrent, ocnbrze and mikem0269 like this.
  3. alexandroid5

alexandroid5 Well-Known Member

+1 on Amon RA
    I heard touch recoveries can brick your evo
    ocnbrze and mikem0269 like this.
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

TWRP bricked many peoples. OCN was luckily able to recover his with the help of captn throwback
    ocnbrze, mikem0269 and dustwun77 like this.
  5. CapThrowback

CapThrowback Well-Known Member

Not that I want to encourage this, but did you rename the IMG file to simply "recovery.img"? Did you include the "android-info.txt" file in the zip? If you didn't, that could be why it didn't flash. Also, I believe they usually have recovery-flashable zips available for download too.

But seriously, please ditch CWM and use RA-supersonic. It's a MUCH more reliable recovery on the EVO.

I was also semi-bricked by TWRP, and the touch CWM changed my EXT3 partition to EXT4 without asking me and I lost all my apps. I had to reformat my card.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

yep twrp almost ruined my evo. i will now stick with amon ra for the rest of my evo life.
  7. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

There is just no reason to mess with any recovery except amon ra 2.3.
    mikem0269, CapThrowback and ocnbrze like this.