Flashing roms on X

Last Updated:

1. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im having some issues with flashing roms on the X, maybe im just too used to my moto droid and evo, but when I download a rom through rom manager, it doesnt let me flash through there as it just goes to standard recovery. but when I go to clockword I cant find the rom I downloaded,( tried rubix, latest in there) it just has the AOSP camera fix.

is there a step im missing somewhere? or do I have to go back to the old way of romming and download the file from a PC and transfer it.

Advertisement
  2. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

Do you have Droid X Bootstrapper installed? You have to run that app before Rom Manager. I believe it is in the market.

Once installed run the app. select Bootstrap recovery and then back out of the app and open Rom Manager.

3. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yup I have bootstrap, and i can boot into recovery fine when I do that, (which cause my X to go to clockword when I reboot which is annoying,but irrelevant)

4. kcrang

kcrang Well-Known Member

or you can always move the rom that you downloaded to the root of the SD card (I'm pretty sure when you download rom with rom manager it downloads on rom manager "folder") and then reboot into bootstrapper