• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[FLORIDA] 4g metro speeds ;)

Got it over 70mbs today 1393574150546.jpg

Reactions: b20beast
Upvote 0
did you check GSM signal strength at your location before you got the phone?

IMO there is only one way to know what the signal is really going to be where you live and that's to get someone with a phone THERE to look at and test. OR As close as you can get to your house. Even a mile away there could be some obstruction near your place and the signal could be dramatically different.

IMO, from what I've seen looking at them for my area, the Sensorly deal websites are garbage. This is NOT any actual factual cell company data of what towers are where. This is average somewhat geekyperson Reporting what They Say the signal is On Their phone. The Sensorly data isn't even CLOSE to real life within about 5 miles of me that I have personal knowledge of.

About the only time you'd ever want to live across the street from a Metro store is the day you're buying a new GSM phone. :D

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0
Yeah the map showed good. Thus is not good one bar is poor not good but I have been using Wi-Fi calling which is a it better now then with Joyn
good is bad actually:eek: mine is strong and that is good for voice and text. data is a whole different story.
what you are looking for is excellent.:rolleyes:
cell phone carriers are redefining the english language.

Upvote 0
Welcome to my world. Though, even mine aren't Quite that bad. Close though. :(

We should have Another thread for the LOWEST GSM speeds. :D Wonder if THAT would get the Mothership's attention?

And, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for someone FINALLY using the multitest Speed Test page to screenshoot. Muchmo betta than just One test. :rolleyes:

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: akmsr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones