• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help FM Radio problem

I also have the same problem. I had to switch off the phone and turned it back on to close the FM radio as it would not close from the app or the task killer. BTW, I noticed that when the radio had this problem, the phone was using all the processing power to the max, which explain why the battery was draining fast if someone did not close the radio. It seems to be a software issue, which hopefully HTC will resolve with an update.

My HTC Desire was bought in Hong Kong and I have Froyo (Android 2.2) installed, by "Firmware Over the Air" (FOTA).
You cannot, in my experience, shut down the radio with a task killer. The on/off button in the upper right corner of the FM radio page will do the job. And I don't have any problems with the app freezing either, except when trying to start the radio once more when it is already running. Then, the radio is freezing and I have to restart the phone. I might mention that all other programs are working though.
So, use the tools/buttons already installed instead of third-party apps.:)

Upvote 0
... did anyone ever find out what caused this problem?

I've had a Wildfire S for a year and it does the same thing.

As an added bit of juiciness, since the last Android update it has taken to occasionally switching itself back on after I shut it down using the little off button at the top right of the display.

No obvious pattern but probably about once in every ten shutdowns.

Thanks,
Robert.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones