• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fold4 vs Fold5 camera

the question is, is it better than the s23 ultra?
Do behave @ocnbrze! You've seen the quality of my photographs on other threads. :D

From those who know more about photography than I, (there's lots of those), the general consensus of opinion is that although the camera hardware is the same as the Fold4, it is the processing that makes the difference. In which case, could it not be brought to the Fold4?

Reactions: Hadron and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Do behave @ocnbrze! You've seen the quality of my photographs on other threads. :D

From those who know more about photography than I, (there's lots of those), the general consensus of opinion is that although the camera hardware is the same as the Fold4, it is the processing that makes the difference. In which case, could it not be brought to the Fold4?
I guess that depends on 3 things:
1) whether it relies on any specific features of the newer SoC?
2) if not, whether there is capacity in the device for the newer algorithms, and whether they would run fast enough to be acceptable?
3) and if the answers above are "no" and "yes", whether Samsung prefer to not implement them in the Fold 4 in order to sell more Fold 5s?

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones