• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root For Dummies?

iamtofa

Lurker
Jul 1, 2012
I rooted my phone last night using the super simple one click method. Now what I want to do it put ICS on it, and I would love to unlock it so I can use it on other carriers.

Now my question is, is there a straightforward for dummies type method to do this? Because tbh, my attention span just isn't with me and I don't want to screw this up.

Also, anyone know of any way to back up my pictures to my SD card? I cannot seem to find the option anywhere and it's driving me nuts. There has to be a way right?

TIA!

QBKing77's series of videos are the best "for dummies" instructions I've found. You can find the links to them in this thread. If you want to stick ICS on the phone, you'll probably need to unlock the bootloader first as I don't think any of the "locked" ROMs available include ICS.

As for backing up your photos, they should be in a folder named DCIM on your internal storage. Simply copy those over to your SD card either on your computer or through the file manager app (and then you might want to set your camera to save to SD card by default).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones