• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

for everyone with battery issues...A MUST READ!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmalina

Apr 22, 2010
TN
I guess a lot of you are new to how Android phones work.....well, I am new to it as well....when I first got my INC I was upset with the battery life like so many others:thinking:...well, I since then played around with it and get A LOT more life out of my battery....funny thing is that I went to the Troubleshooting link on this forum for the first time today....since there were already so many threads about the issue on here I didn't bother!
NOW, here is the thing....mainly for ppl who are not familiar with the Android phones.....read EVERY post in this thread and I can almost guarantee you that your phone will run A LOT longer!!!
You have to understand the OS first before downloading one app after another and play around with it!
With that being said....read through it....follow the step those guys/gals took and enjoy your longer lasting battery on your INCREDIBLE Inc:D

http://androidforums.com/support-tr...i-found-fixed-htc-incredible-battery-bug.html

oh and do not just focus on the calendar....there is other stuff too that might do the trick;)...

The thread you are linking to is not really a fix, this is more of a calibration problem that needs to be done correctly and is also not a bug and is meant to do this so the battery does not overcharge. I've gotten my phone to run for 3 days with medium usage, so the solution in the thread is not needed. As the above poster said there are so many threads already, no need to keep posting more.

Upvote 0
I agree with you completely that's what I was trying to do....should I have called it SOLUTION TO BATTERY ISSUE?????
I am sorry, but so far I unplugged my INC 12hrs ago and still have 80% battery....thought I can help.....if you get annoyed that's fine by me but I think this is an important thread:cool: read it or not up to you!

Upvote 0
The thread you are linking to is not really a fix, this is more of a calibration problem that needs to be done correctly and is also not a bug and is meant to do this so the battery does not overcharge. I've gotten my phone to run for 3 days with medium usage, so the solution in the thread is not needed. As the above poster said there are so many threads already, no need to keep posting more.

just said that you forget that a lot of ppl have no idea how to use the Android OS....what it does and how it works etc....and I am pretty positive that those are the ppl that complain about battery life....because they download apps...that keep running in the background and never let their phone sleep!
you throw words like "calibration" around...gosh for some ppl this is their first smartphone......read through the battery issue threads...the ppl with the "draining battery issue" are the ones that just don't know why!!
I was trying to point it out for them by putting the link obvious for them....but hey I guess you didn't read my post right:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I am new to the Android scene and have been playing with it a lot causing some of my battery issues, I am sure of that!!! I just keep a charger handy. So my question is I have the advanced task manager and end programs that way is that correct? I have my screen turn off after 1 minute (does that mean it is sleeping?) if not how do I make it sleep? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Upvote 0
just said that you forget that a lot of ppl have no idea how to use the Android OS....what it does and how it works etc....and I am pretty positive that those are the ppl that complain about battery life....because they download apps...that keep running in the background and never let their phone sleep!
you throw words like "calibration" around...gosh for some ppl this is their first smartphone......read through the battery issue threads...the ppl with the "draining battery issue" are the ones that just don't know why!!
I was trying to point it out for them by putting the link obvious for them....but hey I guess you didn't read my post right:rolleyes:

I did read your post right, however people can see that there are probably over a hundred threads regarding this, as we a whole sub-forum with a thread dedicated to battery issues and another for tips and tricks they can easily click and fine. The point was that making thread after thread linking to threads already there aren't needed. No bad intentions on my part.

Upvote 0
I am new to the Android scene and have been playing with it a lot causing some of my battery issues, I am sure of that!!! I just keep a charger handy. So my question is I have the advanced task manager and end programs that way is that correct? I have my screen turn off after 1 minute (does that mean it is sleeping?) if not how do I make it sleep? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

read the linked thread completely it may take some time but your question will be answered and explained.....I do not know if it really is sleeping...that is what you have to find out.....I can only say read it!;)

Upvote 0
I did read your post right, however people can see that there are probably over a hundred threads regarding this, as we a whole sub-forum with a thread dedicated to battery issues and another for tips and tricks they can easily click and fine. The point was that making thread after thread linking to threads already there aren't needed. No bad intentions on my part.

I understand what you mean....I just think that the reason you are stating is exactly the reason why ppl are still complaining about the battery because there are too many threads to read....
I just wanted to make it simple....because I truly believe if ppl would read the thread I linked too...then a lot of this battery complaining would stop:D

I am absolutely happy with my battery.....:cool:

I mean this is crazy....lol...ppl are calling HTC to return their battery....or even their awesome INC because they think their battery doesn't last long enough....well, with only 5hrs a full charge I understand....but you will get so much more once you finally understand how Android works
This nonsense has to end...lol....they even have a poll how long each battery lasts....no need if you start understanding instead of trying to find the solution in a million threads about the battery that talk about NOTHING....the one I linked to is the only one you need IMO

Upvote 0

Just because you didn't need the solutions in that thread, doesn't mean other people don't. I guarantee you that my issue was not a calibration problem, but the calendar application not allowing my phone to sleep. And from other posts I've seen thanking myself and others for our work, I'm pretty sure other people had similar experiences.

Reactions: emmalina
Upvote 0
Just because you didn't need the solutions in that thread, doesn't mean other people don't. I guarantee you that my issue was not a calibration problem, but the calendar application not allowing my phone to sleep. And from other posts I've seen thanking myself and others for our work, I'm pretty sure other people had similar experiences.

Thank you!...this thread was in a sub-forum and some ppl don't read it....I thought it was very important....especially because not only is it the calendar app that doesn't let your phone sleep....it might be something else for some others!
That's what I was trying to point out here!!!
For those that have Battery issues.....check your sleep and awake time...home>settings>about phone>Battery.....if they are about the same...then there is something wrong with an app that doesn't let your phone sleep when it should---->which should resolve your issue perfectly:D...read the thread I linked to to understand it better and figure out the "how to's"
I think it is sad that there are some rude ppl in this forum....no reason to be IMO....

Upvote 0
All this talk of the battery has my head spinning. I tried about 90% of the fixes or changes. i have different up times and awake times. I force stopped everything I could, used astro file manger to kill process, as well as advanced task manager to kill apps. I am gonna let my phone just be the way it is and charge it. (I am extremly happy with the phone) I switched from blackberry and I only have a battery issue - Not to bad for a major device switch IMO.

The only thing I want to add is - I got the phone may 1st from wirefly.com. anyone else get their device for a specific place? I wonder if there is a batch of phones that have the same app killing the battery. like if people got their phones from vzw store on east coast and facebook is killing the battery, or online and the calander is the culprit. Or maybe there are just a bad batch of batteries.

Sorry for going on and on - hope this helps someone.:D

Upvote 0
All this talk of the battery has my head spinning. I tried about 90% of the fixes or changes. i have different up times and awake times. I force stopped everything I could, used astro file manger to kill process, as well as advanced task manager to kill apps. I am gonna let my phone just be the way it is and charge it. (I am extremly happy with the phone) I switched from blackberry and I only have a battery issue - Not to bad for a major device switch IMO.

Uninstall advanced task manager and you'll likely see an increase in battery life. You don't need to kill apps unless they're causing a problem.

Upvote 0

Dude your a member with a hundred something posts, and didn't take the time to even bother to search. You would see multiple threads with the same issue regarding auto syncing applications that don't allow the phone to sleep. As everyone else has said, this thread is just a link to another thread that ISNT NEEDED.

Will a mod please lock this thread already.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones