For those with RogersGeneral

Last Updated:

1. KayAhNu

KayAhNu Member This Topic's Starter

I saw a commercial today for the Xperia X10 on Rogers, which said it included "Unlimited Social Networking". Just wondering if anyone, like me bought the phone in April, and knows if this is included in their Voice + Data plan? I'm currently on the $50 Voice and Data, and http://www.rogers.com/web/content/social-networking shows that its pre-bundled in the 3 plans.

Or if this is something we have to contact them to add, or worse, something we missed out on because we bought the phone too early for their liking.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. RAND0M1ZER

RAND0M1ZER Well-Known Member

The social networking is just like a locked down data plan which can only use social networking apps. Just like with email plans, if you have data you have access to everything.

3. lachlan

lachlan New Member

It isn't a locked down data plan. The plans that have it also include 500MB data (that you can use for anything), but when you use facebook, twitter, flickr, etc. it doesn't count towards that 500MB.

Call up 611 and ask them. That's why I did. Even though it doesn't show up on my account details online, the rep said I did had it.

4. KayAhNu

Strange, because I decided not to connect to Wifi last night and just left the updates to Timescape running using the Rogers network. My usage went from 84mb to 101mb. So, I'm a little confused as to whether Timescape is considered part of the social networking? Or if its just applications. I'm not sure where the 17mb went for.

5. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

Yes the X10 is a data hog, I to had a email last month telling me I was at 80% and it was only the 15th, I called in to see what was going on and they could not tell me what was causing it. I ended up turning off Background Data Usage & Manually doing a sync every few days and I am back to normal again, but the X10 is a Social Networking phone and what good are all these features if you have to turn them off.

6. KayAhNu

I sent an email to confirm it was included, and received this reply:

Irritating, considering they should have automatically updated the plan for everyone automatically.