• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those with Rogers

KayAhNu

Lurker
Apr 20, 2010
I saw a commercial today for the Xperia X10 on Rogers, which said it included "Unlimited Social Networking". Just wondering if anyone, like me bought the phone in April, and knows if this is included in their Voice + Data plan? I'm currently on the $50 Voice and Data, and http://www.rogers.com/web/content/social-networking shows that its pre-bundled in the 3 plans.

Or if this is something we have to contact them to add, or worse, something we missed out on because we bought the phone too early for their liking.

Thanks

It isn't a locked down data plan. The plans that have it also include 500MB data (that you can use for anything), but when you use facebook, twitter, flickr, etc. it doesn't count towards that 500MB.

Call up 611 and ask them. That's why I did. Even though it doesn't show up on my account details online, the rep said I did had it.

Upvote 0
Strange, because I decided not to connect to Wifi last night and just left the updates to Timescape running using the Rogers network. My usage went from 84mb to 101mb. So, I'm a little confused as to whether Timescape is considered part of the social networking? Or if its just applications. I'm not sure where the 17mb went for.

Upvote 0
Yes the X10 is a data hog, I to had a email last month telling me I was at 80% and it was only the 15th, I called in to see what was going on and they could not tell me what was causing it. I ended up turning off Background Data Usage & Manually doing a sync every few days and I am back to normal again, but the X10 is a Social Networking phone and what good are all these features if you have to turn them off.

Upvote 0
I sent an email to confirm it was included, and received this reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, we appreciate your use of
online customer service.

I regret to inform you that this service was not automatically added to
plans for current customers. I apologize for any inconvenience this may
have caused.

In order to add this service to your account you would have to change
your price plan, or you could add it as a standalone for $15/month.

This offers unlimited access to:
Facebook
MySpace
BlackBerry Messenger
Windows Live Messenger
Yahoo Messenger
Google Talk

You can add this feature or change your plan online though your profile
on Rogers.com, by calling in our by replying to this email your full
date of birth.

If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to this email
or contact our Customer Care department, 6am-2am, EST at 1-888-ROGERS1
or *611 from your handset.

Irritating, considering they should have automatically updated the plan for everyone automatically.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones