• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Free][Game]Planes - In Development

I'm typing this on my Nexus 7, so please excuse my typos and lack on information.

Planes is the first game I've ever published and the second stand alone game I've ever worked on. It's a generic 2D vertical shooter which in time will have some RPG elements added.

As it is still very early in its developmental stage, the game feels very much incomplete. I feel that this stage is a great time to pull in player reviews and ideas which will help mold the final product. So please give it a whirl while you're on the toilet, waiting in line at the DMV or being chewed out by my girlfriend for not being as spontaneous as the guys on TV.... here you go:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=game.planes

Also I drew the whole thing myself! :D

Hello, just rated and commented, here are some of my thoughts.

Tested on Galaxy note, the game is working stable, no crash and lag.

I've played for about five minutes, it seems that the game is looping, as you have mentioned the game is still incomplete I suppose you'll do something about it? However even for testing purpose I think it's better you add a goal to it.

The plane moves slow, I cant really avoid projectiles from enemies.

Most importantly, at least in my perspective, "Planes" doesn't seem to have the aspect that makes it stand out. Hope that you'll polish it more.

Reactions: Joe Staff
Upvote 0
Thanks for the interest. The game isn't even in the alpha stages, so polishing will be last. The looping is actually a demonstrated feature of the level event setup. Essentially, I was too lazy to create enough levels so I just created me infinite level. The speed of the plane is a result of future intent of creating upgrading features.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones