• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Freezing Issues

gentle79

Lurker
Mar 11, 2014
=========================
Manufacturer: samsung
Model: GT-I9300
Brand: samsung
Version: 4.1.2 (REL)
Build: samsung/m0xx/m0:4.1.2/JZO54K/I9300XXELLA:user/release-keys
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.31-742798 (se.infra@SEP-111) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Dec 22 17:04:04 KST 2012
CPU: 4 core(s) 1.4 GHz
CPU architecture: 7
CPU features: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls
Board platform: exynos4
Instruction set: armeabi-v7a (+armeabi)
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Available screen size (DIP): 360 x 615 (smallest: 360)
Tablet: false
Screen size: Normal
Density: 2.0 (320)
Font scale: 0.93
Hardware main button: true
Locale: en_IE
Total memory: 852416 kB
Free memory: 102780 kB
=========================

Freezing Issues.

Apart from RAM memory which appears enough space, I do not know what the reason for causing my S3G freezing all the times. Also, I do not know how to overcome the frequent freezing issues, despite the aid of Dummy File Generator app, which could be able to fix the issues temporarily, but it is not good enough to overcome. Other than that, I always restart the power after experiencing freezing issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

You shouldn't need dummy file generator, that was used to fix an old problem.
Have you tried a factory reset?
What I'd do personally is update the phone, you're on an old Android version, then do a factory reset (which wipes the phone so back up any pictures etc that you want to keep) :thumbup:

Thanks for letting me know about dummy file generator.

As for your question, I have tried a factory reset which has already wiped my Samsung Galaxy S3 away, but unfortunately I could not able to update my Android version after watching some YouTube clips on Android upgrade instruction. I've tried to upgrade my old Android version to the KitKat 4.4.2 version a few times. Unfortunately, I'm not experienced in that regard. My phone is still on the old Android version which I personally do not want to continue using it. :(

I'd appreciate it if you might give me any instructions on how to upgrade my Android version to 4.4.2 properly.

Many thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones