• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help frequent crashes and restarts

Htc Desire-6 months old
Complaints: The following problems started happening since a month.
Frequently programs crash, set hangs and restarts, will not boot.
This happens even while using the phone for 15 minutes (sometimes less), running programs like maps or dictionaries.
I have noticed this happening even when the set is still cold. Happens while attending the phone while charging also. The set gets heated up soon.
Will not detect SIM, hangs also, restarts continuously on its own.
When these problems arise, the screen will not go off. Battery has to be removed to restart.
The problems start once again and the set goes on restarting on its own, will not boot.

Return it and get a replacement?
I will take the set to the authorized service point within two or three days, and update the result.

The cervice Center TVS-E SERVICETEC LTD (Phone: 080-40913947), BENGALURU (INDIA) did a nice job with all promptitude and politeness. They changed the Mother Board, and now the Desire is working according to my desire. If any problem arises in the near future, I will post it promptly.
With regards to every one who responded to my post.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones