fresh 2.1.1 audio problem?

Last Updated:

1. cafolla2

cafolla2 Member This Topic's Starter

so for some reason my phone has the audio problem from the early 2.1 roms with fresh 2.1.1, is anyone else experiencing this problem, and is their any fix yet?

Advertisement
  2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

You can try this.... Some have had success, some haven't

[FIX] Audiofix. Simple - xda-developers

Good Luck!

3. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

I did a test on mine with 2.1.1.. I called my cell from my work phone.. everything worked.
    I hung up and called it again 5 minutes later. no audio..

so I flashed the AudioficRC
    called my phone again from work line.. audio worked (as expected since the phone was rebooted).
    called again after 5 minutes.. audio still worked...
    called again after another 5 minutes .. audio still working
    called again after another 5 minute break. audio still working.

now does this mean the problem is gone for good... no. even with the fix in place, there will be the random occurrence of no audio. It's all related to a driver issue in the new kernel. does that mean it'll happen forever? no it doesn't. if HTC hasn't figured it out and made the changes before the release then the Devs will fix it once the kernel source is released.

look on the bright side... at least our phones don't go into a pseudo airplane mode at random times like my wife's Moment... would have thought that would be fixed in their 2.1 update... it wasn't

4. Heaterz16

Heaterz16 Well-Known Member

So, my wife's phone has this problem, I have no issues, both running Fresh 2.1.1. Has anyone reported this problem with the official 2.1 RUU?

5. mysticmead

it can happen on the official release as well as any of the 2.1 ROM.. at least you have an option to try and fix it if you're rooted. So far the fix has worked on my phone.

6. 330D

I also flashed the fix and have had zero audio loss since tuesday, when I flashed it.

7. Heaterz16

Heaterz16 Well-Known Member

ok, guess I will try the fix then, just curious if non-rooted users experienced the same issue.

8. jmonahan

jmonahan Active Member

I just applied the fix has anyone figured out how to test for the problem to see if this worked or is it just wait and hope? Thanks to all the great guys for their help!

9. mysticmead

try what I did..

call the phone... talk for a minute.. hang up.. rinse and repeat several times throughout the day... If you lose audio, hten it's broken. if not..then it's not broken yet

10. jmonahan

jmonahan Active Member

Has this happened to anyone in the middle of a call? It only seems to happen to me when making or receiving a call. Just curious.

11. mysticmead

I thik early on a few reported that it happened if they were on a LONG call.. for me it never happened on a call.

12. 330D

It happened to me when I was on a call, and another call came through. I tried to switch the call and whammo no audio. rebooted, and 10 minutes later, no audio. flashed the fix, and no problems since.

13. snowboardracer

snowboardracer Member

I had audio loss in every 2.1 rom I tried--even Fresh 2.1.2. It happened 10 minutes into any new rom installation. I just applied the newest audio fix at XDA--2.1RUU kernel audio fix.

Worked like a charm! 24 hours and no audio loss. Hopefully this is a final fix for us poor Hero users who were plagued with constant audio issues.

14. snowboardracer

snowboardracer Member

I spoke too soon--looks like I jinxed myself. Audio loss just over 24 hours. In fact, the way I realize I have audio loss issues when not in call is that when I try to dial on the phone keypad the numbers take forever to press. I press "3" and it'll show up on screen 5 seconds later. Back to Fresh 1.1 for me.