• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Troubleshooting- Images Not Displaying Properly on Android phones.

Imranseo41

Lurker
  • Aug 23, 2023
    Hey there,
    I've been facing an issue with my website where specific images from my posts aren't loading correctly when accessed through Android mobiles, while they are showing perfectly on computers. It's been a bit perplexing, and I don't know what is causing this problem. I've tried a few basic troubleshooting steps but haven't been able to fix it. I'd greatly appreciate your insights if anyone here has expertise in mobile phones. Please share some advice or solutions that could help resolve this issue. I would appreciate your assistance. Many thanks for considering my request.
    Best regards.

The images looked good on my Pixel 7, but they are cropped. When I look at a fish he caught, the head and tail are cropped, but on my laptop they are not.

it's the software he is using for the webpage causing it

leechlake.png

leechlake2.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    The images looked good on my Pixel 7, but they are cropped. When I look at a fish he caught, the head and tail are cropped, but on my laptop they are not.

View attachment 168146

@OP Is your site running on Wordpress, or Drupal, or something? Because it's likely the website CMS and/or the particular theme/template that's cropping the images in mobile view mode. If it is Wordpress, you can probably get help and support here. WordPress.com: Build a Site, Sell Your Stuff, Start a Blog & More

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

View attachment 168146

View attachment 168149

View attachment 168146

View attachment 168149
    Exactly, this is a problem which I am talking about. I compressed all the images twice and reduced their pixels, but this issue still exists.

What phone are you using? Can you link us or tell us which images are not showing up correct. I'd like to test it on my phone
    I am using a Samsung A51. Salmon Fishing- Unraveling the Thrills of Reeling * Steps2Fishing.com

@OP Is your site running on Wordpress, or Drupal, or something? Because it's likely the website CMS and/or the particular theme/template that's cropping the images in mobile view mode. If it is Wordpress, you can probably get help and support here. WordPress.com: Build a Site, Sell Your Stuff, Start a Blog & More
    Thank you so much, Mike, for your valuable suggestion. I will report on the link you've sent.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-24 at 11.53.30.jpg
      WhatsApp Image 2023-08-24 at 11.53.30.jpg
      93.4 KB · Views: 34
    Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
    Upvote 0
    There does seem to be an issue where some photos are getting cropped but it also seems to be conditional. More vertically oriented photos are more affected, while more squarely shaped photos are not. I'm assuming this is due to how you view the site on your phones, either in landscape mode or portrait mode, and if your web browser app refreshes completely or just partially if you change orientation on-the-fly.
    Most desktops and laptops will be situated with the display being in landscape mode (longer horizontally, shorter vertically), but with a mobile device it can be set to alter automatically between one or the other. (Personally I find that annoying and leave my phone in portrait mode all the time.)

Screen cap 1 below is from a desktop PC (Slackware and Firefox ESR browser), screen cap 2 is from a phone (OnePlus running 12 and the Firefox Focus web browser app.) Images alter the same way viewed through Chrome.

When you state, "...specific images from my posts aren't loading correctly" could you be more descriptive in just what you mean? Blank boxes for images? Distorted? Faded? Too saturated?

Attachments

• salmon1.jpg
      salmon1.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 28
    • salmon2.jpg
      salmon2.jpg
      122.9 KB · Views: 30
    Reactions: Imranseo41
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones