• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Application Launch Error: Code 7009" in our desktop

devinmarco

Lurker
Apr 14, 2023
Hello Everyone

I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently facing a perplexing issue on my Linux desktop, and I'm reaching out to seek your expertise in resolving it.

Issue Summary:I'm encountering an Application Launch Error with Code 7009 whenever I try to launch certain applications on my desktop. This issue is causing significant disruption to my workflow, and I'm eager to find a solution.

Description of the Problem:Upon attempting to launch specific applications, I receive an error message with the code 7009, but unfortunately, the error message itself doesn't provide much insight into the root cause of the problem. This occurs consistently, and I'm unsure about the steps I should take to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

I'm turning to the community for guidance and assistance in troubleshooting and resolving this Application Launch Error with Code 7009. If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has insights into potential solutions, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance

It might help if you told us what the application is: if this code is generated by the app then without knowing what app it is there's little chance of working it out.

For what it's worth all of the references to code 7009 I could find were for Windows rather than Linux (and obviously they won't use the same system error codes).

Reactions: ocnbrze
at least you get an error code. That's more than I ever got from Windows 10 in the short time I tolerated it. Windows 10 just said stuff that was not helpful at all such as 'that didn't work' 'this app cannot run on your pc' or 'something happened' or worse yet, ':('

can't use ascii emoticons to convey how it does a BSOD. stupid forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones