Freshly rooted and sideloaing is enabled, I think...

Last Updated:

1. rnj79

rnj79 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, got my Captive rooted & enabled side loading. I have not messed with any ROMs yet though... probably for the best for now, right? I wanted to root so I could get all AT&T's crap off my phone but don't know what to do.

I will gladly take any advice or suggestions.

Advertisement
  2. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Well-Known Member Developer

The easiest way to remove AT&T stuff is by dloading "Root Explorer." You can go into system/apps/ folder and delete all of the AT&T "crapware". After that restart your phone and everything should be gone. You may want to back up the AT&T stuff just in case you may want some stuff back.....maybe. I use root explorer. You can even add ringtones to your phone, and actually put it on your phone like it comes preinstalled. I have my blackberry notifications on here lol.

rnj79 likes this.
  3. rnj79

Thank you. I ended up figuring it out last night. I used Titanium Backup, which was much easier than I thought it would be.

4. blackhemi

blackhemi Well-Known Member

i dont know if i missed something, but with titanium backup, i see where i can schedule a back up, is there a way to just say back up now. I dont like to schedule them.

5. rnj79

IDK. The only thing I did with Titanium was delete bloatware. I didn't make a backup. Backing up wasn't a big deal to me. If I need to put the AT&T apps back on, I can find their APKs.

6. Karl_Tx

Karl_Tx Well-Known Member

Just dl'd titanium backup and it says I need to check unknown developer in my applications settings.....I don't have that tick off box. Also....how did you use it to remove the bloatware? Thanks:)

7. fxstsb

fxstsb New Member

How do you get Root Explorer without a Google Checkout account? I have no problem paying but I don't want to authorize Google. All I want to do is allow 3rd party apps. Super user will see the settings.db but wants a chmod. I cannot copy the file or rename it. So maybe I am just a light weight.
    How can I get Root Explorer with Paypal or ?