• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From Rooted Eris to New Fascinate

rather than start a new thread and waste space ive decided to post here where someone has recently came away with the fascinate. Im coming from a BB and went through 2 Dx's in late july(kept turning off about 15-20 times a day and the 2nd one would not charge at all) then handled a Droid 2 and was impressed but decided not too purchase because i have waited for the fascinate. im planning on purchasing a new phone monday and am kind of wondering where it stands in Verizons pretty full line up right now? Ive watched alot of reviews with Bing ranting and gps(use it sparcely, already have a gps in my car so its kind of useless) but with people finding ways around bing to get google on and rooting as i said where do you think this stands, pretty much leaning towards this or the D2 and more towards this which is the reason im posting here. If anyone has the extended battery and pics of it that is greatly appreciated too. thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Went from rooted Eris to Fascinate. Love_my_fascinate. HATED my Eris UNTIL I rooted, and installed 2.2. best thing about my fascinate, I NEVER pocket call anymore, I used to pocket call constantly on my stupid eris.

Not sure if I am going to root yet, playing with ADW Launcher - anyone have themes to suggest? The fascinate looks pretty great as stock.

Upvote 0
Went from rooted Eris to Fascinate. Love_my_fascinate. HATED my Eris UNTIL I rooted, and installed 2.2. best thing about my fascinate, I NEVER pocket call anymore, I used to pocket call constantly on my stupid eris.

Not sure if I am going to root yet, playing with ADW Launcher - anyone have themes to suggest? The fascinate looks pretty great as stock.

Don't know if my testimony will mean much to you, but I like the Fascinate a good amount more after rooting. Maybe I just like devices I can control. After, all Saps and I are both PC enthusiasts over on [H] forums. These powerful, rootable, overclockable phones are like enthusiast PC's - pocket style - for us. :D

Upvote 0
Don't know if my testimony will mean much to you, but I like the Fascinate a good amount more after rooting. Maybe I just like devices I can control. After, all Saps and I are both PC enthusiasts over on [H] forums. These powerful, rootable, overclockable phones are like enthusiast PC's - pocket style - for us. :D
littlebigplanet_burning_ears_490.jpg

I thought I heard my name. Yeah big 10-4 on every word above. In PC talk, rooting and doing things thru either SU, Odin, ROM Manager, CDW, et al is really like messing around in the BIOS or system files. Its true most people are fine buying an HP and Dell and using it vanilla style and thats fine for them. But, and I'll speak for SK on this as well, as soon as those ROM's hit believe you me I'm going to see how fast these hummingbirds can fly...1.3+ I'm assuming. Crazy to think how much more powerful the SF is than the computers we were using years ago. But absolutely, an enthusiast is as an enthusiast does. [H] ;)

Upvote 0

I've been test-driving Launcher Pro for a week now (on my 3rd and final Fascinate) but on my first two I used ADW with the 'Droid X' theme as I was still open to the idea of getting the DX, lol. All's well now except with the minor GPS hiccups which should be taken care of soon enough. Now, I just use "Colors" from the Market and set my wallpaper to flat black.

One thing I really liked about ADW was ability to 'down swipe' any where on the screen to pull down the notification curtain/shade; very convenient as opposed to having to adjust my grip to get my thumb to the top edge of the display.

Upvote 0
One thing I really liked about ADW was ability to 'down swipe' any where on the screen to pull down the notification curtain/shade; very convenient as opposed to having to adjust my grip to get my thumb to the top edge of the display.

I love this feature about ADW. I use swipe down to open Gmail, and swipe up to open handcent. The 2 apps I use the most, and I dont have to have the icons on my home screen:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones