• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From The Network Which Promised 5 Androids by Q2 2010

HustlinDaily

Android Expert
Apr 6, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
Reactions: Snow_Fox
If these are the first 3, I wonder what else is in store. I feel like I should almost wait and see before buying.

You know..

IN the tech world..

Sometimes you do end up waiting and then end up empty handed.

If thats what at&t is coming out with first..

I am banking on nothing better coming out for a long time..

Maybe LTE devices we won't get to make the most out of (unless your oneof at&ts chosen lucky few in their back yard).

But, I personally wouldn't wait on that.. how much speed do you really need over a phone connection?

Upvote 0
You know..

IN the tech world..

Sometimes you do end up waiting and then end up empty handed.

If thats what at&t is coming out with first..

I am banking on nothing better coming out for a long time..

Maybe LTE devices we won't get to make the most out of (unless your oneof at&ts chosen lucky few in their back yard).

But, I personally wouldn't wait on that.. how much speed do you really need over a phone connection?

I have to agree this obsession with phone speeds is a bit much after a certain point its just not important. Unless your using your phone as your only computing device. Get what the best fits your needs at the time you need it. If not you will always be waiting because tech always gets updated and outdated

Upvote 0
if you see any tegra 2 and htc announcements let us know.

I am really hoping tegra 2 works out for whoever gets that (whether or not I will is still up in air).

I am still really worried about dual core tech in phone's having a huge margin to screw up.

We don't even know how well this phone can utilize the dual core.

Sure the motorola video's are impressive.

But, that isn't 2 hours of a hardcore 3d game being played :/

Just because the thing didn't blow up on stage doesn't mean its going to handle being pushed hard and being pushed often.

Which is going to happen when users get it.

Upvote 0
if you see any tegra 2 and htc announcements let us know.

I am really hoping tegra 2 works out for whoever gets that (whether or not I will is still up in air).

I am still really worried about dual core tech in phone's having a huge margin to screw up.

We don't even know how well this phone can utilize the dual core.

Sure the motorola video's are impressive.

But, that isn't 2 hours of a hardcore 3d game being played :/

Just because the thing didn't blow up on stage doesn't mean its going to handle being pushed hard and being pushed often.

Which is going to happen when users get it.

I'm sure there was extensive testing. Theybdidnt just slap this together the tegra 2 has been in testing for two years

Upvote 0
I'm sure there was extensive testing. Theybdidnt just slap this together the tegra 2 has been in testing for two years

I am not saying there is any guarantee the tegra 2 is going to have problems.

But, all the claims about testing in the world doesn't change anything.

You also don't know what guidelines they have for "testing".

I will be the first to say if I could go pick one up right now.. Bam done I'd do it.

But, I also wuldn't be surprised if 2 months after the warranty goes out.. the thing dies on me :/

I don't know how long or what your history in the tech world is.. but, there is reason for concern and it is valid..

Upvote 0

You also don't know what guidelines they are "testing" buy.

I will be the first to say if I could go pick one up right now.. Bam done I'd do it.

But, I also wuldn't be surprised if 2 months after the warranty goes out.. the thing dies on me :/

Yea but u can say that with any product. So if there were no early adopters ever nothing would move forward

Upvote 0
Yea but u can say that with any product. So if there were no early adopters ever nothing would move forward

Yes but, there is also a major difference in types of launches.

HTC launching a phone on snap drag is a pretty safe bet.

HTC's newer phones with 1.2 ghz are relatively safe bets.

A dual core is a hell of a lot more complex than a single core :/

Are you going to be back on these forums complaining if it goes to hell?

Upvote 0
Yes but, there is also a major difference in types of launches.

HTC launching a phone on snap drag is a pretty safe bet.

HTC's newer phones with 1.2 ghz are relatively safe bets.

A dual core is a hell of a lot more complex than a single core :/

Are you going to be back on these forums complaining if it goes to hell?

No that's not my style if it ends up being a piece I will just get rid of it. Lesson learned

Upvote 0
I am not trying to dog out the equipment before it even arrives on the scene..

But, I also think its insane to have so much hope in this new tech.

I mean the tech world LITERALLY works like this.

New processor A is announced
New processor A is released with horrible flaws.
New Processor B is announced
Horrible flaws are revised and fixed in a "new version" of processor A.

You are then given choice of waiting on B which is suppose to be even better.. or getting revised A.

Processor B. is then released with horrible flaws
Processor C. Is announced.

All of that continues on indefinitely..

Upvote 0
I am not trying to dog out the equipment before it even arrives on the scene..

But, I also think its insane to have so much hope in this new tech.

I mean the tech world LITERALLY works like this.

New processor A is announced
New processor A is released with horrible flaws.
New Processor B is announced
Horrible flaws are revised and fixed in a "new version" of processor A.

You are then given choice of waiting on B which is suppose to be even better.. or getting revised A.

Processor B. is then released with horrible flaws
Processor C. Is announced.

All of that continues on indefinitely..

Exactly so someone has to make the first jump

Upvote 0
Fair enough.

All I am asking is that we keep in mind it is a risk.

I am willing to gamble on it even though I feel there is probably a higher risk than you do.

I suppose I use forums enough and rely on them for advice regularly..

So my general hope is if people are reading this they will realize there is a risk and if they aren't pressed for a phone immediately.. maybe at least consider checking for reviews.

Upvote 0
Fair enough.

All I am asking is that we keep in mind it is a risk.

I am willing to gamble on it even though I feel there is probably a higher risk than you do.

I suppose I use forums enough and rely on them for advice regularly..

So my general hope is if people are reading this they will realize there is a risk and if they aren't pressed for a phone immediately.. maybe at least consider checking for reviews.

I agree I hope that people research phones before they jump on it

Upvote 0

You also don't know what guidelines they have for "testing".

I don't know how long or what your history in the tech world is.. but, there is reason for concern and it is valid..

I will say, that I am more comfortable with Motorola than other companies though. I will admit that I have not been paying as much attention to phones at all, or Motorola and their other products until recently, (Getting really sick of my iPhone). But, I do have a lot of respect and like Motorola a lot because they are the creators of the Six Sigma methodology of process improvement. This is the dedication to Quality Control for systematically reducing quality problems to a failure rate of 3.4 per million, or 99.9997% success rate. I would think that Motorola should have (not saying that I am certain) more rigorous testing than the other phone manufacturers.

I do know that they have definitely still had at least a few problems recently, such as the speakers on the Defy, and Motorola doing so much that it overloaded the phones such as the Cliq. I still hope that they have paid enough attention to ensure that the dual core processor will work well in a device such as this phone.

Upvote 0
My one problem with that is to my knowledge.. they are primarily a phone company.

They are crossing over into computer world.

Also with that said.. keep in mind even if the hardware is good.. there is still room for problems.

Although I am hoping the atrix works out great for you guys. :D

Upvote 0
That is true, that Motorola has been a large in the phone world for a long time. I was overjoyed when my dad gave me his old cellphones, starting with the StarTAC then his Razr whenever he upgraded his.

Back in the 1930's Motorola started by creating the first commercially available radio for cars. Since then they had been working on and developing various radios, going through 2-way radios and then eventually into cell phones, and were one of the pioneering companies in that regard.

But... In 1948 their semiconductor department created the first commercial high powered transistor, and they had been producing and developing microprocessors since the beginning. Back before Apple became the company they are today, their computers were powered by Motorola processors. My dad worked in the semiconductor department of Motorola as a test engineer from the late 70's/early 80's until the department was spun off into Freescale in 2004.

Although they are not known much as a computer manufacturer, they have had quite a history creating and developing computer processors, and although the department that was in charge of that area of manufacturing is it's own separate company, Motorola did have experience and skill creating and using computer processors.

Upvote 0
My one problem with that is to my knowledge.. they are primarily a phone company.

They are crossing over into computer world.

Also with that said.. keep in mind even if the hardware is good.. there is still room for problems.

Although I am hoping the atrix works out great for you guys. :D

Hardly the computer world than being innovative in the mobile market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones