Root Froyo and google listen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DrDiff, Jun 22, 2010.

1. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Maintence
    Valparaiso, IN
    I rooted (twice thanks Verizon 2.1 upgrade) and upgraded to 1.o ghz Froyo. I tried to download Listen as I had it before the root and now it says I have to set up an account.... My Gmail account is already in the phone. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Nope. Did you do a complete wipe?

3. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Maintence
    Valparaiso, IN
  4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I've re-installed Google Listen over many 2.2 ROM installs, and have never had any issues similar to yours...

5. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Maintence
    Valparaiso, IN
    Using RSD LIGHT to go back to 2.01 and re-root, re-Froyo

6. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    That's a bit drastic.

You need to be more specific. When you launch Google Listen does it have your google account down there ready to check? If not, there is obviously a problem.

7. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Maintence
    Valparaiso, IN
    I went back to 2.01 and downloaded google listen. Set it up and it worked. rooted to 2.1 it worked. Now under 2.2 it doesn't work. Asks me for a Google account. It is already in the phone.

I don't know if it is my Froyo or the over clocking. I got the kernel here. The Irony is I use nandroid to go back to rooted 2.1 and not only dies listen work.. I get maps 4.3 back. I couldn't get maps 4.3 under Froyo2

8. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Have you tried entering your Google account info when it asks you for it? As for maps 4.3 there has been a work around posted in a number of places about that. There is even a thread about it here.

9. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Maintence
    Valparaiso, IN
    Got Maps4.3 working

Listen says.. "Google Accounts
    listen requires a gmail account to sink with reader.google.com.
    Please add a new account in system Preferances"

no place to add a google account

You have to put in a google account to have the phone. I have 2 and put both in... still not working

10. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Marco Island, Florida
    I'm running NexBeast 0.1 and I installed Google Listen, signed into my account, and I am streaming an NPR Newscast as I type.

Just thought I'd give my experience. :D

Maybe you could try uninstalling your first Google Listen through terminal and then re-install.

11. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Marco Island, Florida
    Instead of using terminal, did you try going into settings, manage applications, listen, and then clear data?

Or try uninstalling Google Listen, then in manage applications menu - All - Market - clear cache - clear data and then re-install Google Listen.

If that doesn't work try using Root Explorer (or Astro File Manager in GOD mode)... mount R/W then search for listen and delete all references to it, then reboot and re-install from the marketplace.

DrDiff likes this.
  12. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Maintence
    Valparaiso, IN
    No luck

No Luck

Astro File Manager couldnt find anything..

13. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Maintence
    Valparaiso, IN
    I have downloaded the Android Terminal... Can someone help me with the code to uninstall listen through terminal and re-install through terminal?

14. Terrorskull

Terrorskull Member

Feb 11, 2010
    No solution, but did want to add that I had the same issue on mine and saw postings from others having it as well. I tried a couple of ROM's and both had the same problem. I did try clearing out the settings, but still had no luck. Was hoping that the last patch would have fixed the problem, but I have not had a chance to restore a backup of a froyo install yet and test it.