• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Froyo and Rooting

cant say that i have any real idea but is the rooting done to the moto software or the android software? my thought would be that we need to watch for moto updates and not android updates....hopefully fab or another member much smarter then me can comment on this

You root android, to get root access, moto updates and android updates are the same thing.

And no one knows if you need to unroot, or rebloat....NO ONE HAS 2.2.

Upvote 0
This is the reason I'm waiting to root until AFTER 2.2 comes out. I want this crap bloat ware off my phone, but until then I set my App killer to CRAZY on auto pilot, and it kills what I don't use. I will most DEFINITELY root when the froyo root is available. I will definitely be tethering when I travel, and I ain't paying no 20 bucks a month for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones