froyo boot animation

Last Updated:

1. mik3_cl

mik3_cl Active Member Developer This Topic's Starter

Anyone know how to put a custom boot animation on froyo? I really like the one I had previously and it matches what i got now..

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I do know that once you have it, you copy the bootanimation.zip you want to data/local.

mik3_cl likes this.
  3. ten2o3

ten2o3 Active Member

I always put my bootanimation.zip in system/media. Is there a difference? I've never had a problem, change boot anime all the time.

mik3_cl likes this.
  4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

putting in in data/local doesnt overwrite the stock boot animation. Putting it in system/media does

mik3_cl likes this.
  5. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

This is what i did before seeing this post and it has always worked for me but I can't seem to change font with rootexplorer to save my life.

mik3_cl likes this.
  6. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

The new font(s) have to be renamed to the original file names to be recognized by the OS. Careful, though...you can lock up the phone if you get it wrong. Obviously, the original fonts have to be renamed something else or you'll have a naming conflict.

Another word of advice...most of the fonts I've tried don't play nice with the small size needed for our screen. You also need to make sure the font set has a COMPLETE special character set and both upper and lower cases. You'll have to dig to find them. Most free fonts are incomplete.

istolvampire and mik3_cl like this.
  7. mik3_cl

mik3_cl Active Member Developer This Topic's Starter

thanks everybody! I remembering reading about this back in 2.0 I think. Before I rooted, And didnt know if the same method was used.

8. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

I hear what you are saying but these are the same font files I have used in every rom I have ever tried. I checked the names carefully before trying. Still not sure why I can't switch the permissions back. Maybe I will try again later. Thanks for the response.

edit: finally got it to take. Had one permission set wrong.