• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root froyo boot animation

The new font(s) have to be renamed to the original file names to be recognized by the OS. Careful, though...you can lock up the phone if you get it wrong. Obviously, the original fonts have to be renamed something else or you'll have a naming conflict.

Another word of advice...most of the fonts I've tried don't play nice with the small size needed for our screen. You also need to make sure the font set has a COMPLETE special character set and both upper and lower cases. You'll have to dig to find them. Most free fonts are incomplete.

Upvote 0
The new font(s) have to be renamed to the original file names to be recognized by the OS. Careful, though...you can lock up the phone if you get it wrong. Obviously, the original fonts have to be renamed something else or you'll have a naming conflict.

Another word of advice...most of the fonts I've tried don't play nice with the small size needed for our screen. You also need to make sure the font set has a COMPLETE special character set and both upper and lower cases. You'll have to dig to find them. Most free fonts are incomplete.

I hear what you are saying but these are the same font files I have used in every rom I have ever tried. I checked the names carefully before trying. Still not sure why I can't switch the permissions back. Maybe I will try again later. Thanks for the response.

edit: finally got it to take. Had one permission set wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones