Froyo Kangerade v5.0.9 battery

Last Updated:

1. bencav5_99

bencav5_99 Active Member This Topic's Starter

running this at .8 ghz ker. Best battery life ive seen so far. Awesome!!! Off charger since 7 am and its 720 pm and still at 50 %. Lots of texting, some web browsing and youtube during the day. Phone was dead by 5pm on other roms. Try it its great!!!

Advertisement
    omniuni likes this.
  2. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Well-Known Member

What kernel

3. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

he said stock kernal....anyways I put in the chevy 1.2 ulv and have been happy w/ battery life....but that is why I have a car charger also...running pandora for 3 hours a day can be rough.

4. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

I've also had amazing life with it, aswell as my brother. Not sure what he did, but wow! I'm using Jakes 1.2
    I went 1 day and 7 hours, and was at 40% the other day. Didn't hardly use the phone, but great standby time.

5. jwade39227

jwade39227 Member

I already un-installed and re-installed but still nadda! I have a 2.2 rom instaled so I guess I shouldn't care but I have been having a good time exploring and changing things up. Plus my co-workers always want to look at my phone to see the newest and coolest! The last few times I have to say nothing has changed.:(

6. meach5150

meach5150 Active Member

Been having great battery life with it as well. Nice work!:)

7. jearl75

jearl75 Well-Known Member

I've been using Kangerade since it came out before these recent source drops, always loved it. Now, it even better and battery life improved greatly on v4.0.7, seems about the same or a little better on 5.0.9. I installed ChevyNo1's 1.1ghz LowV kernel, I've used it on other roms and have gotten good battery life, but much better on Kangerade. Thanks JRummy, AWESOME!

8. jjl1911

jjl1911 Active Member

I've been using Jrummys ROMS since they came out.This new version is great but for me not as much battery life as version 4. I was running the chevy lv 1.25 kernal. I have tried installing a chevy ulz 1.25 kernal on 5.0.9, but it's not working. Keeps giving me an install error. Tried renaming file, flashing both recoveries within ROM manager, same result. Maybe I will just have to try the medium voltage keranl, see what that does.

9. deantemple

deantemple Member

i'm also running kangerade, but i'm having a problem getting it not to hang on me when running a kernel higher than 1.1.... using the chevy low voltage right now. any suggestions?

10. omniuni

omniuni Member

I too am getting great battery life, and performance.

11. elucid

elucid Member

Yep, I updated ROM to JRummy to fix the Wifi Error and I got a nice surprise in extended battery life. I also use SetCPU and lowered the min frequency to 125 (max still at 800mhz like before). I'm pretty conservative: I mostly just want my phone to work. :)