• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo KIES update progress reports

I did the reg hack and although it worked fine ,the new software is a bit temperamental, the market place fails to load at least once in three or four times that you try to open it, navigation has force closed on me a couple of times or failed to start, facebook app did not work at all initially but seems ok now after a reinstall. I wonder if it's been pulled down because of issues?

Upvote 0
If you get a slow phone after updating I suggest you do a factory reset on your phone. Actually, I would recommend that every time you upgrade to a new Android version, just as I would recommend formatting your disk when upgrading to a new Windows on your PC.

My JP6 was very fast (threw in the Voodoo fix anyway and now it's just flying away) and everything works as it should, except one thing. My battery consumption has increased a lot, which mainly seems to be that the sceen is much more power hungry now. I won't be able to go two days with everything on and medium usage as I used to so hopefully they can fix this.

Upvote 0
If you get a slow phone after updating I suggest you do a factory reset on your phone. Actually, I would recommend that every time you upgrade to a new Android version, just as I would recommend formatting your disk when upgrading to a new Windows on your PC.

My JP6 was very fast (threw in the Voodoo fix anyway and now it's just flying away) and everything works as it should, except one thing. My battery consumption has increased a lot, which mainly seems to be that the sceen is much more power hungry now. I won't be able to go two days with everything on and medium usage as I used to so hopefully they can fix this.

really thanks about that. Now its working well...

have you any idea about push gmail problems.
sometimes i can see new mail in gmail but there is no notification??

Upvote 0
I know we are all so frustrated over the whole affair and in no way am I condoning Samsung but when you talk with them which I do and find even they are disillusioned you have to feel for their problem too.

Unfortunately Samsung is a brand and that means every single person associated is getting the brunt of the negativity.
Certain areas within Samsung though are too feeling the strain and I would like to feel we have some compassion to those that do the work but can not control the outcome.

My anger is towards certain individuals in P.R., Sales, Customer Services, and Support whose job it is to ensure information is passed out freely.
If they themselves are being silenced then they have a moral duty beyond their pay packet to make sure the higher chain is fully aware of the negativity of it's audience.

So yes, by all means lets discuss the problem but try and understand both sides of the argument.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones