• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo on Hero!

Turning this thread around...

Those who have loved Zen, how does this stack up? I know Zen is working on a new version, and this is not the final release... Of course I'm just a Nandroid away from finding out myself...

So other than utilizing the hardware more on the Hero... what benifits really are there? Not subjective benifits, real world ones?

<--- who also is keeping his "outdated" hardware for some time. :)

I've been using Zen for a while and I will try out the new version when it's released, BUT I'm using CM6(froyo) there are only 2 things that annoy me about it. 1st is VVM, I've tried GV and I don't like how quick it picks up, and 2nd is the FC on the market, it'll get fixed so no biggie. It runs way faster and has a lot better battery life than Zen which is saying a lot. Right now there are a few things that you have to do to get everything up and running fully on it so I recommend waiting until there is more of a stable release unless you don't mind spending an hour or two tweaking it.

Upvote 0
do you guys think that sense would be included in froyo? i hope it will be cuz i really like it.:(

the only way that SenseUI will be included in a Froyo ROM for the Hero is... a Dev would have to take it from something like the Evo and then port it over to our phone. will it happen? maybe but don't hold your breath waiting for it. for now, give it a whirl without SenseUI... I REALLY like SenseUI.. but not having it hasn't killed me. besides you can always have a nandroid of your current ROM on hand and flip back and forth at will

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones