• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FroYo's YouTube Update for Epic/2.1 Devices!!!

YaBoiD

Android Enthusiast
Mar 21, 2010
Lauderdale, FL
MOD] Youtube 'Gingerbread' ported to Eclair - xda-developers

"Originally Posted by rolle3k
Hiya,

due to my brother not having the luck of having Froyo on his phone I took a look at it and hacked the newst YouTube app to work with Eclair. I had to remove two calls and add android.util.base64 which was introduced with Froyo. However, it should work flawlessly. If you encounter any problems, feel free to post here along with a little description and if possible a logcat dump of the exception.

Download:
signed_YouTube.apk ... at ul.to - Free File Hosting, Free Image Hosting, Free Music Hosting, Free Video Hosting, ...
signed_YouTube.apk

Old Download:
- YouTube_signed.apk ... at ul.to - Free File Hosting, Free Image Hosting, Free Music Hosting, Free Video Hosting, ...
- YouTube_signed.apk

You have to remove the default YouTube app before you can install this one over.

Using ADB Shell this should just work:
adb remount
adb shell rm system/app/YouTube.apk
adb uninstall com.google.android.youtube

then you can just install it over using the package manager or with adb (adb install YouTube_signed.apk).

Hope this helps, enjoy the re-designed Youtube app!
wink.gif
"

Enjoy ya'll!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones