• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
After waitin for wot seems an eternity i could no longer wait orange to pull there fingures out to release froyo i decided to use the kies registry patcher to help with the update!! The download went fine so did the update kies gave a message sying complete and that fone would reboot, well that never happened fone has now frozen at the galaxy s gt-i9000 samsung screen!! And to top it all off 3 button recovery mode no longer works!!! really hopin that somone can help me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

After waitin for wot seems an eternity i could no longer wait orange to pull there fingures out to release froyo i decided to use the kies registry patcher to help with the update!! The download went fine so did the update kies gave a message sying complete and that fone would reboot, well that never happened fone has now frozen at the galaxy s gt-i9000 samsung screen!! And to top it all off 3 button recovery mode no longer works!!! really hopin that somone can help me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Hi - I'm not a veteran on this forum, but someone I know recently updated their Orange SGS via Kies to 2.2. When the handset rebooted, the Samsung welcome screen stayed on for what appeared to be an absolute eternity. How long did you wait on the welcome screen??

Upvote 0
probably bout an hour before tryin to reboot etc!! have just got up after leavin the battery out for the night but have reinserted now and gonna leave it at the welcome screen all day while im at work
Hmmm. The one that we upgraded did take a while as I said, but probably about 10 / 15 minutes tops - nothing like an hour. Not sure what that might be then....

:thinking:

Reactions: bassline junkee
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones