FULL 3G PRLs - Oh YEA!

1. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I have always wondered if it were ok to post the original hack here.

Workds wonderfully
  3. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

what do you guys use these for? roaming or force roaming?
  4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Forced data roaming....sometimes forced call roaming.
  5. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Probably a stupid question: would this 'forced' roaming impact the 300mb data cap while roaming if your contract was after august 08?
  6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

yup...though I am not positive that august of 08 is accurate (08) that's the mention of "read the disclaimers"

I have unlimited data roaming on a contract from june 10.
  7. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

These are great, thanks for sharing. Im actually looking for a sprint PRL with full 3g.
    One that im on sprint but when i roam, ill still have 3g. Because i use Mr Gregs Roam Control app that allows me to switch over to roaming whenever i please, but with the current PRLs, the speeds are limited.
    I dont want to have full time roaming, which is what these give me. So if anyone finds anything that will help let me know.
  8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

9. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member

Wow I went from suck speeds to 1.2-2 megs down. This was my only complaint about my ego. Now its fixed thanks guys
  10. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Use sparingly....you are roaming
  11. huffman6977

I'm on the unlimited coming plan does it really matter
  12. esthernrob

esthernrob Well-Known Member

so, let me see if i'm understanding this. correct me if i'm wrong. if i flash the SprintVZWPRL.zip, and use that PRL in conjunction with, say, Mr Gregs Roam Control, i can switch, at will, to a verizon tower, to get a stronger 3G connection? just curious. my 3G coverage with sprint is touch and go in my area. i can get crapy dl speeds in my driveway but great speeds a mile down the road. was wondering if this would be worth giving it a try. any input is always appreciated.
    TIA
  13. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

yes...sprint can in fact cancel you even though you are listed as unlimited...it has happened...I haven't really looked into it. It's what I have to do to get use out of my phone the way I intended when I purchased it. The cancel me and I will prt over to metro and use the phone with their service.

Reading around most users don't get the letter until after 6 months to a year.

I don't know that it is an at will deal though I have not tried that specific prl or used Greg's roam control in conjunction. He is actually on here as MGreg I thing maybe he will chime in.

From what I can tell by checking my account I am always roaming when using the special prls
  14. youdoofus

youdoofus Disabled

ok, dumb question here, i dl'ed the zip file and tried flashing it.... it says install failed, am i supposed to be using an apk to install the new PRL? again, sorry for the stoopid ?
  15. evomattnc

evomattnc Well-Known Member

It's not to be flashed. Extract it put the.prl files somewhere then dial## prl# enter your msl, update prl, pick one click ok, then menu and commit, it'll reboot and done. Think the instructions were on the thread....maybe not.
  16. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

No..he links to the instructions though.
  17. evomattnc

Lol I figured it was close by if you looked ;)
  18. youdoofus

youdoofus Disabled

my bad y'all.... thank you very much tho :D
  19. evomattnc

LOL not a problem that wasnt exactly aimed at you doofus, no need for apologies lol me and Mr. Ed have been joking around for a couple days now since he actually linked a google search for someone lol.

Edit: At least it wasnt a "let me google that for you" search, those seem hateful
  20. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I love lmgtfy
    v01rider likes this.
  21. huffman6977

Now the timestamp on my incoming texts are 4 hours off
  22. evomattnc

Lol it's super amusing but only cuz it hasn't happened to me. Can you google for me how to make a lmgtfy? :)
  23. evomattnc

Lol thems the breaks. Mine is too but I have great 3g. A diff prl may work. Also it didn't seem like it happened on every rom...
  24. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Who needs timestamps anyway lol
  25. huffman6977

well i went back to good ole sprint prl (the new one). wow i'm still pulling down good speeds. could sprint have fixed the towers?