• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root FULL 3G PRLs - Oh YEA!

These are great, thanks for sharing. Im actually looking for a sprint PRL with full 3g.
One that im on sprint but when i roam, ill still have 3g. Because i use Mr Gregs Roam Control app that allows me to switch over to roaming whenever i please, but with the current PRLs, the speeds are limited.
I dont want to have full time roaming, which is what these give me. So if anyone finds anything that will help let me know.

Upvote 0
so, let me see if i'm understanding this. correct me if i'm wrong. if i flash the SprintVZWPRL.zip, and use that PRL in conjunction with, say, Mr Gregs Roam Control, i can switch, at will, to a verizon tower, to get a stronger 3G connection? just curious. my 3G coverage with sprint is touch and go in my area. i can get crapy dl speeds in my driveway but great speeds a mile down the road. was wondering if this would be worth giving it a try. any input is always appreciated.
TIA

Upvote 0
I'm on the unlimited coming plan does it really matter

yes...sprint can in fact cancel you even though you are listed as unlimited...it has happened...I haven't really looked into it. It's what I have to do to get use out of my phone the way I intended when I purchased it. The cancel me and I will prt over to metro and use the phone with their service.

Reading around most users don't get the letter until after 6 months to a year.

so, let me see if i'm understanding this. correct me if i'm wrong. if i flash the SprintVZWPRL.zip, and use that PRL in conjunction with, say, Mr Gregs Roam Control, i can switch, at will, to a verizon tower, to get a stronger 3G connection? just curious. my 3G coverage with sprint is touch and go in my area. i can get crapy dl speeds in my driveway but great speeds a mile down the road. was wondering if this would be worth giving it a try. any input is always appreciated.
TIA

I don't know that it is an at will deal though I have not tried that specific prl or used Greg's roam control in conjunction. He is actually on here as MGreg I thing maybe he will chime in.

From what I can tell by checking my account I am always roaming when using the special prls

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones