General Fun while it lasted...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Evil.Bonsai, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2011
    tech stuff
    Austin, TX
    Loved my Note, been a great phone (other than previously posted about gps issues, which have been resolved). However, last night as I got out of car, dumb me had phone sitting on top of a hoodie and the phone slid off and landed face down. Screen is shattered. Works ok, but it's definitely going to have pieces of glass falling off soon.

Bought the Note w/o contract, so it was pretty damn pricey. Think I will go back to having a contract and subsidized phone, since I can't afford to buy a new phone again w/o contract.

Really liked the s-pen with sketchbook mobile. Thinking that with the Note II's increased sensitivity, I might like it even better. However, I hear the LG Optimus G is a really nice phone as well. Also up for consideration is the Galaxy S3.

Time for some research/reading!

Advertisement
  2. geeingu

geeingu Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Tough break, Can I have your s pen lol

3. cougar214

cougar214 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Evil just a suggestion but maybe you can get in touch with Brian_562 on here. He is having some issues with his phone that may be hardware related. Possibly sell yours to him on the cheap for the spare hardware. Just a suggestion that would benefit both of ya.

4. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2011
    tech stuff
    Austin, TX
    I'll check into that. Not quite ready to give it up, though Put tape over the worst couple spots, screen still works just fine. I'm looking into a possible corporate deal for a Note II on Sprint (w/2 year contract), but still just looking right now.

5. Landrew

Landrew Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Same reason I opted for the Samsung screen-cover flap right off. I don't trust myself either.

6. mikeyp69

mikeyp69 Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Broken screen doesn't mean binned phone. Get price for repair; cheaper than you think.

7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict
    VIP Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    I just did the same thing with my DNA. HTC repair is $220, I found an independent who will do it for $150, or i can do it myself for $50 for parts and tools. Really considering that last option myself.