1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Fun while it lasted...

1. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Well-Known Member

Loved my Note, been a great phone (other than previously posted about gps issues, which have been resolved). However, last night as I got out of car, dumb me had phone sitting on top of a hoodie and the phone slid off and landed face down. Screen is shattered. Works ok, but it's definitely going to have pieces of glass falling off soon.

Bought the Note w/o contract, so it was pretty damn pricey. Think I will go back to having a contract and subsidized phone, since I can't afford to buy a new phone again w/o contract.

Really liked the s-pen with sketchbook mobile. Thinking that with the Note II's increased sensitivity, I might like it even better. However, I hear the LG Optimus G is a really nice phone as well. Also up for consideration is the Galaxy S3.

Time for some research/reading!

Advertisement
  2. geeingu

geeingu Well-Known Member

Tough break, Can I have your s pen lol
  3. cougar214

cougar214 Well-Known Member

Evil just a suggestion but maybe you can get in touch with Brian_562 on here. He is having some issues with his phone that may be hardware related. Possibly sell yours to him on the cheap for the spare hardware. Just a suggestion that would benefit both of ya.
  4. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Well-Known Member

I'll check into that. Not quite ready to give it up, though Put tape over the worst couple spots, screen still works just fine. I'm looking into a possible corporate deal for a Note II on Sprint (w/2 year contract), but still just looking right now.
  5. Landrew

Landrew Active Member

Same reason I opted for the Samsung screen-cover flap right off. I don't trust myself either.
  6. mikeyp69

mikeyp69 Member

Broken screen doesn't mean binned phone. Get price for repair; cheaper than you think.
  7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I just did the same thing with my DNA. HTC repair is $220, I found an independent who will do it for $150, or i can do it myself for $50 for parts and tools. Really considering that last option myself.