• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Future phones for Virgin Mobile USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one believe the VM USA 4G webpage which reads

"4G (WiMax) where available. All plans include 2.5GB/month of full speed data or 3.5GB/month with purchase of mobile hotspot enabled device and plan."

Brycee, the official information is already out, there is no need to wait and see. You can go read it for yourself right now at the link provided above.

Read it this morning. There's just too much conflict so I'm just gonna sit back and see. Not that it matters anyway, I use around 1.5 gigs a month anyhow.

Upvote 0
I'd believe the VM USA page. ;)

Although, there may be errors in that. I'm sure the details will get more clear as we get closer to the release.

Ditto. ;)

I was more or less trying to prove a point. Things get hyped up superfast and things get misunderstood very quickly when there are new press releases like today's from Sprint. Seems the sites that report this news get a bit over excited themselves and begin to guestimate, which in time people take as facts and things begin to get all twisted. :(

In the meantime people should just relax and have fun with the news that Sprint has officially stated from their press release;

Sprint Newsroom | Virgin Mobile USA Introduces 4G with No-Contract Plans Starting as Low as $35 per Month

HTC EVO V 4G customers will enjoy Virgin Mobile USA Beyond Talk plans starting at just $35 a month for 300 minutes of voice with unlimited messaging and data.4
Further down the page at the bottom clearly references 4

4 4G (WiMAX) where available. Plans include 2.5GB per month of full-speed data or 3.5GB with purchase of a Hotspot plan.
And at their newly uploaded web page here, it says the same thing at the bottom.

Don't get me wrong, I think it will be awesome if they decide to remove the 2.5GB/month throttle on the 4G plans. It will make a whole lot of people extremely happy, and we like happy people. :p

Reactions: agentc13
Upvote 0
Ditto. ;)
Don't get me wrong, I think it will be awesome if they decide to remove the 2.5GB/month throttle on the 4G plans. It will make a whole lot of people extremely happy, and we like happy people. :p

I don't want to get my head chopped off here... but I do believe that on 4G only there will not be a cap; so it would be Unlimited 4G and 2.5GB 3G@full speed.

References:
HTC Evo V 4G for Virgin Mobile coming May 31st for $299.99 | The Verge

Update: We just heard from Sprint that 4G data is truly unlimited and will NOT be throttled

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones