• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G1 dropped in glass of TEA!

My wife just dropped my phone in a glass of tea. :eek: She was playing a game and the kids were watching. She plays with it more than me so I know it was an accident. lol Anyway, I turned it off imediately and took it apart to start drying it. It was full of tea. :( I poured tea out of the phone on to the floor! After cleaning it, I put it above the fireplace we do not use. I figured it would be a good place for it to dry for 24 hours with out being disturbed. Then I dropped the SIM card. It fell in a crack in the bricks, about a foot and a half down. I tried fishing it out with hack saw blades with no luck. It shall remain there forever unless I decide to start ripping the bricks apart. I have an extra SIM so it's not a big deal. Glad it wasn't the SD card! Also glad it was unsweet tea.(no sugar) I have insurance. I think $130 deductible was the only option with the G1. I also had the ZAGG invisible shield, but I don't think it really made a difference considering it was submerged. :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones