• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root G_Damnit! Package file invalid!! WTF??

DJYoshaBYD

Jul 20, 2011
Grrr. Im getting so frustrated with this. Ill reformat, back to stock or k0nane's CFW, but NOTHING works. This is BS. I paid like, almost 500 bucks total to get this phone less than 2 years ago, now its a goddamned paperweight. I cant update, cant install ANYTHING, and if I can, its luck of the draw.

What in the hell is going on with this device???? No one wants to port any other version of Android to it, I no longer have a 4g icon at ALL, no matter what. Package file invalid, etc etc etc etc..

This is still good hardware. What is the deal? I know its not you, but I dont even have this thing hooked up for service. Im just using the thing as a damn iPod touch with Wifi. I just want it to work. I dont care about having metro service. I just want the stupid package file issues to stop.

PLEASE tell me that someone has an answer for this. Every solution that I have tried works for a VERY VERY limited time, if EVEN THAT, then it goes right back to this shit.

Grrr. Im getting so frustrated with this. Ill reformat, back to stock or k0nane's CFW, but NOTHING works. This is BS. I paid like, almost 500 bucks total to get this phone less than 2 years ago, now its a goddamned paperweight. I cant update, cant install ANYTHING, and if I can, its luck of the draw.

What in the hell is going on with this device???? No one wants to port any other version of Android to it, I no longer have a 4g icon at ALL, no matter what. Package file invalid, etc etc etc etc..

This is still good hardware. What is the deal? I know its not you, but I dont even have this thing hooked up for service. Im just using the thing as a damn iPod touch with Wifi. I just want it to work. I dont care about having metro service. I just want the stupid package file issues to stop.

PLEASE tell me that someone has an answer for this. Every solution that I have tried works for a VERY VERY limited time, if EVEN THAT, then it goes right back to this shit.

its because you no longer have service from metro i dont know why this happens but it will give you that error when download from google play store if you dont have service (not signal service as you still pay for the 4g plan) but it quite easy to fix just take out the 4g card under the battery and and should work just fine

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones