• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxo 1.6.3.2 is out!

Yay. No, I mean, HOO-friggin'-RAY!!

Since I got this thing, I've been frustrated with its appalling battery life, and struggled to remember to plug it in every night at home and at the office during the day.

I've upgraded Galaxo from v1631 to v1632. And just now I plugged the phone into the charger, at 5% remaining -- after 37 hours! That is, by far, a new record for me. I'm ecstatic! :D

It's not related to my usage pattern, which is the same as it's always been: almost zero talk time, less than 5 text messages, zero web surfing, and moderate amount of using the PIM apps (calendar, address book, various note pads).

After having owned this bloody thing for a year, it finally starts to be useful (and no thanks to Samsung, I might add).

Upvote 0
It should endure even more imo. Do you have 3g, wi-fi or gps enabled?
Well yes; alas, I usually have to use 3G with poor coverage, a real battery drain, I know. It doesn't help any that the (my?) Galaxy seems to have a relatively poor antenna when comparing to HTC phones (same provider and area).
Wifi and GPS usage is negligible, however.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones