• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxo 1.6.3 bugs

sound problem - go to settings - sound & display - ringer volume
remove the mark from use incoming call volume for notifications and set the notification sound very low, the ringer volume is at the middle
worked great for me
doesnt quite fix the issue with media player starting randomly and also it doesnt fix the noise with touch pad.
the volume is excessive

Upvote 0
the media player and touch pad are ok for me
my problem was that when i got notification it was as loud as hell and now its low and nice
when you unplug a cable from the audio jack using samsung official headset it can trigger media to play and with new speaker volume you dont want this to happen.

audio touch pad is as loud as notification only you cant turn it down, only turn it off

Upvote 0
when you unplug a cable from the audio jack using samsung official headset it can trigger media to play and with new speaker volume you dont want this to happen.

audio touch pad is as loud as notification only you cant turn it down, only turn it off

tryed the issue with the media and headset and it seems to happend only if the media widget is on the screen, without it its not happening to me

the touch pad sound is disabled by default for me, hate the sound....

Upvote 0
tryed the issue with the media and headset and it seems to happend only if the media widget is on the screen, without it its not happening to me

the touch pad sound is disabled by default for me, hate the sound....
interesting about the widget, i always have the widget as im a music fiend and use it alot.

ive had to disable the touch pad sound now. for a laugh enable it and press a button in the office LOLOL

Upvote 0
music is louder (a little)
in call volume is now audible with headsets
speaker phone is LOUD and i mean LOUD
dial pad still doesnt vibrate (no big deal for me)
music player doesnt always show notification
if you play music without headset its so loud with the gain that it can potentially damage the speaker (i only knew this as there was no notification that music was playing and i pulled out the headset, i pood my pants at the audio onslaught that ensued)
Rastaman didn't you install some custom files last month in an effort to solve audio issues? Maybe that has caused your bug?

Upvote 0
Rastaman didn't you install some custom files last month in an effort to solve audio issues? Maybe that has caused your bug?
yes but they were overwritten by the 1.6.3.1 update as i did a wipe and update.zip replaces everything but the radio stack.
its a reported issue with alot of other users aswell. so it think its safe to say its not unique to my setup

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones