• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy 10.1 Note, Wifi

Thanks, is there a built in microphone on the Galaxy or do I have to get a microphone type head set (when I use Skype)

mmmm, thats going to be difficult, there isnt any where tto put an external power source on these HDD's

Microphone is built-in and when you connect headphones you will use those to listen and the built-in microphone for sending voice.

EDIT: For HDDs, you need a power source and one of these:

New USB 2 0 Y Cable Splits Single USB Port to Type A Mini 5 Type B B374 | eBay

I use it on the go to charge my Note (a small $2 adapter required), my phone and mp3 players.

One full USB to Note, one to power source and MiniUSB to HDD (provided your drives have MiniUSB).

As a power source, you can use a powered hub or a battery like this:

http://www.buy.com/prod/new-trent-a...0mah-external-battery-pack-and/223538112.html

Alternatively, you can even connect the power-part of the cable to your Note's charger's USB socket.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I too am trying this out as an E reader. Using the Kindle app, how do you get the top bar to come down? I can get the bookmark by just touching top right, but the menu that gives you GO TO, for example....it only comes up after I touch the right bottom wifi/settings etc. area. Thanks.

Open Kindle app & on the left hand side you will see Library. Select it and you will see all your books. Under each book you will see a down arrow; select it and book will download to your device. This assumes you have registered your Note with Amazon when you downloaded the app.

Once you begin reading if you tap bottom middle a slider bar appears, move it where you want to be. Alternatively, tap top center and on the far right top you can pull don a menu.

Upvote 0
There seems to be two menus on the top. If I press on the left, I get the one which looks up words, or links to Wikipedia. The other one has the search function, and the drop down menu that includes Go to and settings for font size and screen color. I just got it to appear by tapping once at the top of the page. thanks.

Tap bottom or top center. See above advice we must be crossing paths.

Upvote 0
BBC Model B here rather than Sinclair kit but- :)

At the moment on Ice Cream Sandwich (Android operating system) the BBC iPlayer is a problem with Flash not working on the 10.1 Scoob, but (Android app) Chrome does allow access to iPlayer content

Excellent tablet and there's the Jelly Bean update incoming (see nearby 'It's Here!' threads) :)

Upvote 0
Scooby you seem to be slightly hesitant in using all the note features search on line for the user manual for the Samsung galaxy note 10.1 and download the guide to the note this will help you to understand the galaxy

Some of the things I have been told here are just no good, that cable for instance, I have one all ready, It just fits the laptop, not the Galaxy

I have sussed out all I want to do on my Galaxy, just need to know what formats are supported by the Galaxy for ebooks, Films, the audio books I have will stay on the ipod

Doing my blog and uploading photos to it and downloading from my camera will be easier on the laptop

For converting films for the Galxy will have to be done on a laptop or desktop (I have several Terrabytes of films, so I wont be buying or renting any) but I just need to find a fast converter, everything I have tried is just so slow (AVC, Handbrake)

I really can't see my buying or downloading games to play on the Galaxy, a few apps I am going to need

Thanks anyway

Upvote 0
For converting films for the Galxy will have to be done on a laptop or desktop (I have several Terrabytes of films, so I wont be buying or renting any) but I just need to find a fast converter, everything I have tried is just so slow (AVC, Handbrake)

No need to convert anything. Copy the movies onto the SD card on the Note and just watch them.

Upvote 0
No need to convert anything. Copy the movies onto the SD card on the Note and just watch them.

Well that just dont work, I copied/pasted several films,

I put various formats on my 32Gb card, MKV, AVI, MPEG, MPeg-4, only the AVI's worked

Maybe I need another app to make 'em work

Same as the ebooks, some work, some dont, so what format does the Galaxy support, I can get rid of some of the formats them, put more on the SD card:)

Upvote 0
Well that just dont work, I copied/pasted several films,

I put various formats on my 32Gb card, MKV, AVI, MPEG, MPeg-4, only the AVI's worked

Maybe I need another app to make 'em work

Try Vplayer, MX Player.

Same as the ebooks, some work, some dont, so what format does the Galaxy support, I can get rid of some of the formats them, put more on the SD card:)

epubs and mobis work. I have told you bfore how to use Moon Reader. You can keep the books wherever you want and use the local files option that lets you open a file from within the reader.

You are either doing something wrong or not following the advice given here as by now everything should have been resolved with all the advice we have provided here.

Upvote 0
I got FB reader, that works with some books, I just used the player that came with the Galaxy, didnt think I would need another player

What can I be doing wrong, I just load a SD card, put it in, select the film, ebook, either read or play, I have just done as I have said

What is moon reader then ? I dont recall that

Moon Reader is an ebook reader.

If something does not work with built-in apps it is a standard procedure to use a different app. It is easier than transcoding every single movie and takes considerably less time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones