• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Ace Gingerbread o2 UK

Hi Mark 9271, How did you install flash player, is your phone rooted or you can download flash direct from android market. Thanks

J

hi ya phone was never rooted at all,downloaded flash player 10.3 from android market https://market.android.com/details?id=apps_topselling_free&start=0&num=24 easy install,had to fix my brothers galaxy s gt i9000 cause he give it to a friend that rooted it and it messed up so i put it bck to stock firmware and updated it to latest gingerbread through kies and he said the phone runs alot faster than ever before.... so anybody out there thinking of rooting your phone make sure you no wot you r doing first...........:)

Upvote 0
hi ya phone was never rooted at all,downloaded flash player 10.3 from android market https://market.android.com/details?id=apps_topselling_free&start=0&num=24 easy install,had to fix my brothers galaxy s gt i9000 cause he give it to a friend that rooted it and it messed up so i put it bck to stock firmware and updated it to latest gingerbread through kies and he said the phone runs alot faster than ever before.... so anybody out there thinking of rooting your phone make sure you no wot you r doing first...........:)

Is this only for the 2. 3 gingerbread or also for froyo 2.2

Upvote 0
Hi squitten & mark9271, just wondering how it's going with the new Gingerbread update on 02?? Any problems or improvements obvious yet? I'm hesitating because of the problems on "3" & virgin/vodafone etc... Please give us some feedback. Thanx. GrahamF. London :thinking:

Hey Graham, did you get to try the 3.3.3 update? There's been another update via kies been made available a few weeks ago PDA:KPY/PHONE:KP8/CSC:KP7 (O2U).

Reactions: GrahamF
Upvote 0
Hey Graham, I've had it on my phone for over a day now. I've had no problem so far, no wifi problems, I use a patten on my lock screen so I can't comment on if there's any delay problems which some people on other networks had. Anyway I'm quite happy with it the homescreens (I'm using ADW Ex) & menus seem smooth. You also can watch videos on youtube through the internet browser without using the youtube app but I'm not sure if flash is included though!!

I recently switched backed to Samsung's Touchwiz UI, I found out I could have portrait photos on my homescreen which I couldn't do using ADW Ex (I had use a photo frame app). Anyway back to the new update (The one I mentioned in my last post) I noticed my battery lasts a bit longer but I the only other thing I noticed about the update o2 have now added a Priority moments app.

BTW does anyone know if o2 gonna be updating to 2.3.5? I know its now available in Europe but I don't want to risk updating unofficially using ODIN!!

Upvote 0
Hi Squitten & everybody, thanks for the updates & info. I'm still on Froyo 2.2.1 because I can't see any reason to change. Advised by several 02 Guru's & a friend at Samsung that GB is still laggy & potentially full of bugs, you either get problems or you don't!! I'm currently trouble-free on Froyo so I'm staying put. Battery life is 2-3 days. Can't see any major benefits with GB & I have downloaded the 02 Priority app for free from Market. + the fabulous "Speaktoit Assistant". "If it ain't broke, don't fix it....." Thanx. GrahamF. London. :)

Upvote 0
Hi Squitten & everybody, thanks for the updates & info. I'm still on Froyo 2.2.1 because I can't see any reason to change. Advised by several 02 Guru's & a friend at Samsung that GB is still laggy & potentially full of bugs, you either get problems or you don't!! I'm currently trouble-free on Froyo so I'm staying put. Battery life is 2-3 days. Can't see any major benefits with GB & I have downloaded the 02 Priority app for free from Market. + the fabulous "Speaktoit Assistant". "If it ain't broke, don't fix it....." Thanx. GrahamF. London. :)
Hey Graham, if you happy you with froyo then stick with it. I've had no problems so far with gingerbread. I used to get quite a few random reboots with froyo but I haven't had any more since updating to gingerbread :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones