• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Note 10.1 stuck in "Factory Mode"

mtcstle

Lurker
Jan 8, 2013
Through an unfortunate sequence of volume/power key manipulations, my Galaxy Note 10.1 entered "Factory Mode" and won't come out. This is evidenced by a semitransparent panel superimposed upon the "home" screen with a list of hardware information and by a message I saw only briefly during one restart that stated in red, something like "...in Factory Mode...". I've done done a "factory reset", goodbye custom settings, but to no avail. Does anyone know how to exit "Factory Mode" on this device?

Thanks for the suggestion but it did not help. It just cycled through the initial start up screen four times, during the thirty seconds and finally started in Factory mode again when I released the buttons. I read somewhere that if I rooted the machine and edited /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode from OFF to ON, it would correct the problem. I followed some pretty good directions and I think I've successfully rooted the tablet. I've verified that /system/xbin/su is rwsr-sr-x root:root but I keep getting permission denied when I "echo -n ON > /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode". It is perhaps of note that when I su, my prompt remains "$" although I see a message that the shell has been granted superuser privilege.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones