• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note 2 master Accessories List

I guess depending on the size of TomTom? If its a small 3.5" unit, probably not. For something 4"-5" it probably will work. Doesn't dedicated GPS already have bracket with power connector? I remember it was on our old Garmin nav unit. All those brackets already have universal ball joint connector which goes right with Arkon mounting arm. But if you want to use TomTom GPS as is, it's hard to tell without knowing the size of it.
Yes it does come with a bracket but the suction lets loose when the temperature changes and I am hoping the Akron with it's sticky surface but no adhesive would hold.

I have been searching and have not found an answer as to whether the Akron Slim-Grip

Upvote 0
Soon will post the official review of slim-grip ultra, along with sticky suction mount, extended arm mount, and 2 different headrest mounts. Got the whole box of Arkon goodies a few days ago, finally had a chance to take pictures today :)

Btw, how do you put phone into the mount? The whole idea of ultra slim grip is to use one hand where grip is in portrait orientation with spring-loaded side facing down, and you put on it with a phone to insert it into the grip. But then, you will need to rotate it to landscape orientation with a phone in it. I don't like rotating it all the time, so I'm using it now in landscape orientation, thus need to use both hands to mount the phone. Is that how you do it?

I will also include mounting pictures of my Nexus 7 as well. It works quite well with both Note 2 and Nexus 7.

how does the extend arms been working for you? does it bounce around when drive as in vibrating uncontrollably during drive? im not sure if i should the extended or the regular.

they also made this one (saw it in the HTC One subforum) Mobile Grip Removeable Sticky Dash & Console Mount would this work for the note 2?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I mount it one-handed, then rotate.

Saw your review post, nice write up and pics. :)

Not sure if you'd be willing to do this, but could you make a video showing the actual mounting process of the dock on the dash, along with how much force the dock can actually take (with regards to potentially falling off)? It'd also be nice to see how the sticky side looks like, prior to it being mounted.

Also, have you tried mounting vertically on any other part of the front console (or anywhere else on the car) to see if it would be strong enough to hold?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Anybody tried the iOttie Waterproof Skin?

There's a Groupon deal for it and was considering picking one up, just to have, but figured I'd check if anybody has actually tried it and submerged their phone in water:

iOttie Waterproof Skin for Smartphones and Tablets Deal of the Day | Groupon

I don't have their waterproof skin, but I have talked to iOttie marketing department trying to understand how it works. Apparently once you put it inside of that clear sleeve, you have to put a sealant tape on the back and you can submerge it in a deep water. Once you are done and need to charge your phone or just connect micro-usb (unless if you are using wireless charging and wifi transfer of files), you can remove the phone, throw away the sealant tape, and re-use the skin 4 more times. That is why this waterproof skin comes with a total of 5 sealant tapes. Afterwards, they do not recommend you submerging it under deep water. You can continue using it until it rips or completely stretched out and can buy more additional sealant tape, but it's only for carrying your phone in the rain or if you take it to the beach and don't want sand to get inside. Also, I don't think you can stuff it in a regular case because you going to rip it. I would assume a pouch will be more appropriate for it.

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones