Galaxy Note 2 master Accessories ListTips

1. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Tell him to just try Los Angeles, instead of the specific city.
  2. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

ok :)
  3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Went into a Sprint store yesterday and grabbed these. Not even what I went in there for. Haven't played with them yet.

[​IMG]
  4. drexappeal

I seriously don't even know what I'll use them for at all...LOL.
  5. ScandaLeX

Seriously? No really.....Seriously??? :D

You're mind is ALWAYS at work. I could see you programming these babies to start your car while getting your breakfast ready as you shower for work. You're one of those people I cant wait to see what you program them to do.

Me? I just got it them cause they were there. :D :) :p
  6. wyndslash

oh, my uncle just emailed me to say that he was able to order them :D turns out it was the browser's fault. they changed browsers and the order went through :D

i was kind of tempted to get the smart dock too...but i'd never know what to use it for, lol :D
  7. ScandaLeX

Smart docking!! ok.....ok.....couldn't resist. :p
  8. drexappeal

Seriously... Had no clue what I'd do initially, but now you gave me ideas... Hahaha
  9. drexappeal

Still backordered. Tried getting that too.
  10. wyndslash

it's tempting :D but i have no real use for it, i think
  11. drexappeal

How funny is that, a couple hours after I already ordered, I finally get the email from Samsung saying the battery charger kit is in stock... Lol
    edlex likes this.
  12. ScandaLeX

I wish the smart dock doubled as a battery charger.
  13. slipmagt

slipmagt Well-Known Member

Are they saying specifically that it doesnt? All the pictures Ive seen seem to have a the space for it.
  14. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Well-Known Member

I have the Samsung multimedia dock designed for the Galaxy S3, which also (remarkably) is designed for the Note 2. So as I move from the GS3 to the Note 2 I am very happy that I will continue to be able to use the dock I already own.

The Samsung dock has no battery charging capability. Not certain about the dock all of you are talking about, but quite frankly, I think it's uglier than the portable Samsung dock.
  15. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Just ordered it with a 50% off coupon! Thanks drex!
    drexappeal likes this.
  16. NJRonbo

BTW...

This may have been discussed earlier, forgive me, but I am sort of mulitasking here while at work.

I need to order an extra battery for the Note 2. Which one do I order? Its the 3100maH, right?

Perhaps I will just order the charger. Hopefully, like the GS3 backup charger it comes with a battery.

Is there an extended battery that I don't need a special cover for that will fit right into the Note 2?
  17. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

This is the one that I just ordered thanks to drex..Galaxy Note. There's a 50% off coupon online.
    MareLuce likes this.
  18. Elantric

Elantric Well-Known Member

drexappeal likes this.
  19. drexappeal

Woah, so I guess that's the main difference so far. Didn't realize they stuck nfc on the battery like the original.
  20. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member

First of all, no one that I am aware of has any proof that there actually is a difference. The battery charging kit for example is the exact same model number across all carriers and it DOES come with a battery. So if they are actually different batteries why would they offer the same kit to everyone? I read in another forum somewhere that they emailed Samsung and was told they were the same??? I guess we won't know for sure until we get our phones and compare batteries. And what about the Sprint model phone? Why is their's not either model? I understand the different part numbers exist for these batteries but maybe, just maybe that is just to keep track of what carriers batteries are they selling more of?
  21. ks-man

ks-man Well-Known Member

Wanted to follow-up on the case I purchased. This case is for the Note 2 even though the pictures show the Note 1. It is very close to a good minimalist case but falls short in two key areas that are pretty much deal-breakers.

The first is the case is ever so slightly too big. It is probably only a few mm too big but due to this when you pick it up the case will slightly fall off the phone on the corners or an edge. I vaguely remember reading that the different carrier phones had slightly different measurements (I'm using the Sprint version) so I don't know if that is the cause of the problem. If so it might prove to be an issue but for the time being I'm going to chalk it up to the case itself. Somebody please comment if they are also having this issue with other cases.

The other issue is that the cutout for the mini-USB, while big enough for the connector, doesn't leave enough room to push in the connector fully in as it gets wider further up. This means that I need to remove the bottom of the case when I want to charge it. While this isn't a difficult task (see problem #1) it still becomes annoying needing to remove the bottom part of the case every night to charge it.

I'm still using the case until I get a different one. I do think it makes the phone easier to grip than no case at all and it doesn't add much bulk (although I don't know how much protection it will add either) but it certainly isn't a case I'd recommend others to try.

I can't wait until the stores near me (with 14 day return policies) start getting in cases for this phone.
  22. Elantric

Elantric Well-Known Member

Update on the Otterbox Defender Case for Galaxy Note 2
    SKU: 77-23998_A

Choice of Black or (two tone Glacier)

==

Galaxy Note 2 (II) Case | Defender Series case from OtterBox

Pics of the Otterbox Defender Case in Glacier color:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  23. NJRonbo

I love the pictures of the Otterbox depicted above.

My situation is that I have the Samsung Media dock. I need a case that has a more thinner design. I want to put the phone in the dock every night without removing the outer case. Thus far I have had much success with Seidio Surface cases for my Galaxy S3. Now that I am moving up to the Note II I am hoping Seidio will make the same case for it.
  24. ScandaLeX

Are you talking about the smart dock? What's the media dock? That thing doesn't look like it'll hold a phone with any kind of case on it.
  25. NJRonbo

I believe it is the Samsung Media dock.

It is the black, portable folding dock with audio output.

It will absolutely hold a GS3 or Note II in its case, as long as the case isn't overly bulky.

A TPU case, for example will work. So will the Seidio Surface cases.