• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy note 3? Any rumors

It all comes down to the overall physical size, not necessarily the screen, for me. I'd have been perfectly content with a 4.7 or 4.8, but after the Note 2 slimmed down the overall physical attributes from the 1st generation, that's where it seemed more realistic for me to get it.
Question for you- doesn't physical & screen go hand in hand?

Upvote 0
Question for you- doesn't physical & screen go hand in hand?

Not necessarily. For instance, back in the 4.3 inch screen days, there were plenty of OEM's that made overal physical dimensions smaller than the original EVO.

In the same manner, take the 4.7/4.8 standard. Overall physical dimensions are different from each of the OEM's.

Upvote 0
I have an upgrade in June coming from Droid Razr. Should I wait until the Note 3 or get the Note 2? I really want the Note 2 bad, but am scared that after I upgrade and the Note 3 gets announced in Sept that's it's going be off the charts..

I would try to hold out....i just got the Note 2, but fully plan on pre-ordering the Note 3 as soon as it's available... I think..... :D

Upvote 0
I have an upgrade in June coming from Droid Razr. Should I wait until the Note 3 or get the Note 2? I really want the Note 2 bad, but am scared that after I upgrade and the Note 3 gets announced in Sept that's it's going be off the charts..

If you are a person that will upgrade, even if you're not upgrade eligible, by paying full cost of a phone...no reason to hesitate on purchasing the Note 2.

That said, if you only plan on upgrading now and then waiting until your next upgrade eligible date, then I would hold out until the Note 3 is formally announced and released (assuming your current phone could last you that long without problems). Your advantage here would be 1) You'd see all of the superphones announced for the entire year, 2) When the Note 3 is released, if there are any parts of it that you don't like, you can likely get a Note 2 for an extremely great deal (possibly even free). Even if the Note 2 would already be 1 year old, the specs on it are definitely good for 2 years (minimum). At that point, it would only be 1 year old and you'd have the advantage of choosing which phone would suit your needs the best.

Reactions: benne13
Upvote 0
Word has it (translation: Rumour) that there are actually 3 design versions of the Note 3. One (same as always) Plastic and looking like the S3/4, one non-plastic aluminium design and one plastic not looking like the S3/4 design with flexible screen or is it body. :rolleyes:

Either way, the pic above if true seems to be the plastic s3/s4 design version.

TS

Upvote 0
For me, the whole plastic screen (at 720p resolution based on latest rumor) is an answer to a question that no one asked!

I much rather have a screen technology to prevent scratching altogether than an unbreakable screen that can still be scratched (at possibly at a sub-par resolution to everyone else). Gorrilla Glass has been fine in terms of strength...but we need better scratch resistance!

And yeah, if Note 3 is THAT much bigger (as in pic above), then it is too big IMHO...and i may have to go to something else! :(

Upvote 0
I don't think that's the Note 3. I can't see Samsung making the phone that much bigger. With the S4 they have a smaller body than the S3 with a bigger screen. Seems logical they'd try to do that with the Note 3.

That's my hope. I wont' have a problem considering the Note 3, if they manage to squeeze the 5.9 screen into as close to the current body styling as possible.

Word has it (translation: Rumour) that there are actually 3 design versions of the Note 3. One (same as always) Plastic and looking like the S3/4, one non-plastic aluminium design and one plastic not looking like the S3/4 design with flexible screen or is it body. :rolleyes:

Either way, the pic above if true seems to be the plastic s3/s4 design version.

TS

I would not mind seeing 3 versions (although, I don't anticipate that happening, just because of costs). Ultimately, my main intent is to wait it out until they finally release the phone like they had in that mock-up commercial! As soon as that comes out, I'll be set.

Upvote 0
Well if its that big then I don't need to get a Note 8.0, at least this new one would have phone capabilities. lol

Now if anyone makes fun of me calling someone on that Note 3, I'll just hit them with it. :D

TS

Hmmm... That kind of thinking would make someone with buyers remorse return the Note 8 then wait around another 4 months just to see what Samsung unveils.

That's my hope. I wont' have a problem considering the Note 3, if they manage to squeeze the 5.9 screen into as close to the current body styling as possible.

I would not mind seeing 3 versions (although, I don't anticipate that happening, just because of costs). Ultimately, my main intent is to wait it out until they finally release the phone like they had in that mock-up commercial! As soon as that comes out, I'll be set.
I don't believe that's the next Note. As Mr Ed has shown us, nothing is final until it's final. It would not be out of character for Samsung to have plenty of prototypes if for no other reason than leaks/rumors.

Upvote 0
one non-plastic aluminium design
I hope not. Aluminum dings and scratches too easily unless hard anodized, but HA3 (the hardest) is an ugly and blotchy greenish gray color.

Now if they did go for a metal body, titanium would be great - but expensive. Also expensive but probably very nice would be steel covered in leather.
Brushed stainless steel would cost more but hold up better than aluminum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones