• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy note keeps turning on when charging

joebloggs13

Feb 2, 2012
Hi all. I know that there are a number of different issues regarding charging and charge cords with this and other Samsung phones. I am adding(?) another. When I want to charge my phone, I first turn it off, as it takes less time to charge when powered down. When I plug it in it turns itself on automatically.

I am thinking it's a problem with the cord as I have had some issues connecting with my computer. I have tried another cord and it works. The Samsung cord will charge the phone but there is a problem as this 'auto powering on' should not occur. Any thoughts?

I haven't experienced this before. Yes, it does turn on when I plug it in, but it just shows a battery display. It doesn't fully turn on the device. I never used the original cord that came with my Note. I used the one that came with the SE Vivaz Pro. I also use another USB cord I purchased at Canada Computers. Another cord that came with the external HDD case, etc.

Upvote 0
Mine just started having this "turning on when plugging in to charge" problem, regardless of which cord I use. Wondering if there is some setting that I accidentally changed, but I'm sure I didn't. The only thing is that I recently connected the phone to Kies via my laptop and its been having this weird problem ever since. I never even actually updated to Ice Cream Sandwich with Kies, since when I tried to back up my photos, music and contacts first, as prompted to do by the Kies software, Kies kept crashing after about ten minutes, saying "Hardware I.D. missing."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones