• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S Gingerbread proof

Samsung might actually try to repair its image?

even if it fails.. I would have to give them a lot of credit if they really managed to push out 2.3 soon.

Heck, maybe even a few angry users out there would be willing to give samsung a second shot.

Lets be real.. people always say "my next phone is going to be _________" but, how many people are willing to pay full price for whatever they say they are going to get? and by the time there upgrade rolls around, there will be something new altogether.

So if samsung decided to really make an effort to really update the captivate over the course of the next year..

That is a lot of time to win back angry customers.

Upvote 0
The Galaxy S2 seems promising, and it would be wise of Sammy to release it with gingerbread, unlike their doing with the current Galaxy line. The only reason I would ever regret leaving Samsung, is S-AMOLED! Best screen, by far! If the GS2 has what it takes to beat out the Inspire (for screen size) and the Atrix (screen resolution, and all its goodness) then I may actually want another Samsung device. As well as release 2.3 for the current Galaxy line! Hope they make the smart moves!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones