Galaxy S Mobile AP ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. roamintherange

roamintherange New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 12, 2010
    Hello, I've just got my new Samsung Galaxy S I9000 phone which looks awesome. I had been using a Nokia N97 Mini which had behaved OK and I've been using Joikuspot as a WIFI tether which is important because of my need for the internet during the day. I was really please to find that the Galaxy has an inbuilt tether application in the Mobile AP however I cannot get it to work and wondered if any one else had any issues? The Mobile AP kicks in ok and I can find it on my laptop however when I try to connect it just tells me that it cannot connect and goes into trying to diagnose the problem. I tried to bypass this by inputting the wireless connection manually but when I do it tells me the security option is wrong but does this for every option in the list. Can anyone help me? Thanks Jon.

2. M22RDY

M22RDY Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    There is a way to setup wireless tethering through USB using Kies.

UK Download ( (Select Galaxy S From Pull Down Menu)
    Software & Manuals - Support - Samsung Mobile UK

Download and install Kies from the link above (if it's not already installed)

Let the phone/software update if applicable.

Within the Kies software at the bottom, there is a 'tethering' option (looks like a blue planet) within there you can choose your network provider, username, password etc.

When setup is complete, try finding it again using the connection, ID & password that you have provided in the box.