• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S Mobile AP Problem

Hello, I've just got my new Samsung Galaxy S I9000 phone which looks awesome. I had been using a Nokia N97 Mini which had behaved OK and I've been using Joikuspot as a WIFI tether which is important because of my need for the internet during the day. I was really please to find that the Galaxy has an inbuilt tether application in the Mobile AP however I cannot get it to work and wondered if any one else had any issues? The Mobile AP kicks in ok and I can find it on my laptop however when I try to connect it just tells me that it cannot connect and goes into trying to diagnose the problem. I tried to bypass this by inputting the wireless connection manually but when I do it tells me the security option is wrong but does this for every option in the list. Can anyone help me? Thanks Jon.

There is a way to setup wireless tethering through USB using Kies.

UK Download (1.5.1.10074_2_6) (Select Galaxy S From Pull Down Menu)
Software & Manuals - Support - Samsung Mobile UK

Download and install Kies from the link above (if it's not already installed)

Let the phone/software update if applicable.

Within the Kies software at the bottom, there is a 'tethering' option (looks like a blue planet) within there you can choose your network provider, username, password etc.

When setup is complete, try finding it again using the connection, ID & password that you have provided in the box.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones