• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy s not quite living to its expectation in some users in singapore

somehow i got a feeling those phones shipped in singapore are not the same as those that gsmarena reviewed and those on display at the conferences..or is it that they had just so high expectation on it? browse thru the whole thread and judge for yourself on the user experience..lag, crash, short battery life:

[Official] Samsung Galaxy S - Page 48 - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

i don't believe the galaxy is slower compared to the desire? i thought galaxy had a superior processor and is supported with all those benchmarks..some say it's because of some apps running at the background, is it really common for android phones to have unnoticed running apps that are resource hogs?

Well one area where they do differ is in the battery itself.
The Singapore users all report their batteries are from the G7 type, whereas the GSMAreana clearly showed it being a G9.

If anyone is wondering, both G7 & G9 are 1500mAh
It could be nothing but Singapore users report the battery does not last that long whereas GSMArena as we know managed to show a repeating movie for 7hrs 25mins before the screen switched off.

Upvote 0
I got my Galaxy S from SingTel. This is my first Samsung. It cannot download at least one app from Android Market. Stuck @ "Starting download..." for 4 days. Canceled and restarted numerous times for 1 month now. Clear cache / data, starting Google Talk, connecting to wifi and switching back to 3g nothing helps. Will Samsung replace my phone if I keep it with them for some time? I already kept it there for 2 days but nothing happened. They told that they are still looking at the matter.

I'm however not going to go for anymore SingTel or Samsung. My previous HTC hero was working without no problem.

Upvote 0
Firstly,
If you want a smoother experience on the galaxy S, you will have to root it and do a lag fix. Both processes are reversible and very simple to apply (z4root + One click lag fix (OCLF). Before lag fix, quadrant bench mark is 800, after lag fix it shoots up to 1.9k. After this you will know what is called flying.
And then touch wiz really make the system laggy, you can uninstall it and use ADWlauncher or launcher pro plus.
3rdly, with switch widget pro, it is easy to switch off your gprs data transfer with one click on the homescreen/ off background data/ dim screen brightness. These are great ways to improve battery life.
everything things i said here can be found from adbandroidgames*blogspot*com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones