• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S sudden Swype change

Hi, sorry if this has already been covered but im new to this forum.

Ive got a Galaxy S and i always use Swype to text. Usually, if i press a single letter, it came out as the single letter, eg if i press it i get A B C D E etc etc... but a few days ago it started suggesting words over the single letter, so it now goes, A Be Can Do End - have looked through the settings but cant see anything to change it, anyone be of assistance?

Thanks
Adam

Could be that you've inadvertently added these words to your dictionary. Highlight a word you don't want in your dictionary and press the little blue ! icon botton left (top left in landscape mode). This'll remove it.

Have you upgraded to 2.2 recently?
I hear there have been upgrades of to swype included.

And yes, Swype is utterly terrible in 2.2

Upvote 0
i always install this version of Swype WVGA 2.10.52.13753 everytime i flashed a new firmware. i have tested it in xxjf3, xwjm8, xxjpo, xxjpm, xxjpx and xxjpy. only in xxjpy, it forcecloses everytime i have to use it. anyway i'm on jpx as most of my apps forcecloses in jpy, some paid apps doesn't appear in market and many other issues. you can google for this swype version and you have to be rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones